Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid to Long Range Threats

Rjay

57 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

Let’s get that same low the GFS shows in the same position at 72hrs and I’ll be happy believe me that low will make its own cold air and cool all columns down yes my weenie is coming out but it’s true it’s a sub 980 low come on guys haven’t we learned here that the global suck at thermals

What time do you think this storm will start? My neighbor invited me over for his super bowl party and I don’t want to get stuck crossing the street.  Will I have time for a bread and milk run? /sarcasm 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wishcast_hater said:

What time do you think this storm will start? My neighbor invited me over for his super bowl party and I don’t want to get stuck crossing the street.  Will I have time for a bread and milk run? /sarcasm 

Do you have a raincoat and rubber boots? Cause that's the theme this winter.....

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, NEG NAO said:

Lets stop arguing and listen to MT. Holly : 

SATURDAY AND BEYOND. A STORM SYSTEM LOOKS TO APPROACH (POSSIBLY   TAKING THE FORM OF A COASTAL LOW) NEXT WEEKEND BUT DETAILS   REGARDING THE TRACK AND ASSOCIATED PRECIPITATION AND THERMAL   FIELDS ARE UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. LEFT POPS IN THE CHC.RANGE DUE   TO TIMING UNCERTAINTIES.  

Well yeah that clears things up doesn't it...there could be a storm. We don't know what it's gonna do. But being winter it might snow. Or not. Stay tuned. Maybe we could sacrifice a goat and read the entrails.....

• Weenie 2

36 minutes ago, wishcast_hater said:

I think the storm will be over by the Super Bowl.

• Like 1

also with the Euro continuing to stay well off the coast chances are this will not cut west of us - more then likely a close to Benchmark track BUT that positioning of HP to the north with the cold enough air flowing in is the key ingredient...……..a negative NAO would help quite a bit to keep HP with  the cold air from escaping too fast

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

971 is weak ?

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_27.png

It’s not weak on paper just looks like the precip shield isn’t distributed the right way. This has to look better on the precip maps if it’s bombing out like that. Hour 144 to hour 162 which would be 18 hours the pressure falls 31 millibars. This would be a blizzard but it just doesn’t show that!

i think it would help if this was maybe 25 miles west. 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, NYCweatherNOW said:

It’s not weak on paper just looks like the precip shield isn’t distributed the right way. This has to look better on the precip maps if it’s bombing out like that. Hour 144 to hour 162 which would be 18 hours the pressure falls 31 millibars. This would be a blizzard but it just doesn’t show that!

I agree - will be more precip then currently shown on this model run with that LP in that position and strength - still not  individual storm thread worthy IMO - have to see this type of solution keep repeating itself the next 2 days IMO GFS was locked into the same solution for a week prior to last weekends event

• Like 1

Even up near Maine it's down to 957 and still doesn't have much precip. You would think the NW side would have more even down by us. It starts off with more down near the gulf compared to last run but loses it as it comes up the coast while strengthening. Odd but it's the GFS.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk