• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Thinking this would be a bad time to discuss the Euro's Verification scores vs the rest of the pack?

Well its just the OP run and still too far out to take too seriously. But the EPS look a little better. All ENS show it warm next weekend. Hopefully just a temporarily blip. Don't think it locks into place. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Well its just the OP run and still too far out to take too seriously. But the EPS look a little better. All ENS show it warm next weekend. Hopefully just a temporarily blip. Don't think it locks into place. 

The Euro says it's an early spring before the Groundhog could even make a point. 

Shortwave trough moving into the western U.S. tonight will cross
into the Central Plains this weekend. Through 48 hours, the spread
seen in the deterministic guidance has lessened with overall above
average agreement at 500 mb. The NAM is a tad more amplified with
its trough axis as the wave takes on a negative tilt. At the
surface, there is still some latitudinal spread with the ECMWF and
ECENS members showing a northern/northwest favor compared to the
CMCE members further south/southeast. The GFS/GEFS members lie in
the middle and probably provide a good approach for beyond 48
hours. The 00Z UKMET is also a good proxy. So, with the NAM being
a bit amplified and the CMC too far south/southeast, will lean on
a non-CMC, non-NAM blend.

Day 3...

...Great Lakes/Northeast/Mid Atlantic...
Low pressure will slide east across the Upper Great Lakes on
Saturday.  As the system moves into the St Lawrence Valley, models
show a coastal low beginning to develop near Downeast Maine Sunday
morning.  This has the potential to produce a stripe of
significant snows across portions of northern New England. 
Meanwhile, as the low passes to the north, strong westerly flow
will support lake effect snow showers east of Lake Ontario, with
heavy accumulations possible across the Tug Hill region.  To the
south, snow changing to a wintry mix is expected to produce some
light snow and ice accumulations from the southern and central
Appalachians into the Mid Atlantic on Saturday.

So we push off until at least the second week in February. The warmth even finding a way to impact my Jackson Hole trip. 
Im really becoming depressed with this shit. 
I’m impressed with those of you finding ways to keep it fun and light. I gotta try and just look at it as funny. At this point winter is straight up trolling us. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

So we push off until at least the second week in February. The warmth even finding a way to impact my Jackson Hole trip. 
I’m impressed with those of you finding ways to keep it fun and light. I gotta try and just look at it as funny. At this point winter is straight up trolling us. 

Are you going to Jackson hole mtn resort or snow king?

while Jackson proper may warm a bit the snow should still be amazing.... 

Have taken 4 snowmobile trips out there about 45 minutes outside of town and I’ve never been the slightest bit disappointed. Actually was there this past September again, with any luck I’d like to be living in that area in the next 5-7 years... 

Enjoy, hopefully you have a window seat, the view is nothing short of amazing as you’re coming in...

31 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

The way I handle it these days is by enjoying whatever it brings. If it snows, great...I’ll snowboard and skate and do winter stuff. If it’s warm I’ll take advantage of weather and do outdoor projects. I love winter and I love summer. Just do whatever you can to take advantage of each day as it comes.  We live in a place where winters can be mild ever so often. Make the best of it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

The way I handle it these days is by enjoying whatever it brings. If it snows, great...I’ll snowboard and skate and do winter stuff. If it’s warm I’ll take advantage of weather and do outdoor projects. I love winter and I love summer. Just do whatever you can to take advantage of each day as it comes.  We live in a place where winters can be mild ever so often. Make the best of it. 

That's how I am, but I really haven't had my winter fix yet. I haven't done any winter activities yet besides that walk in the November snowstorm. Really have to take advantage of the good winter days this year. 

25 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

Are you going to Jackson hole mtn resort or snow king?

while Jackson proper may warm a bit the snow should still be amazing.... 

Have taken 4 snowmobile trips out there about 45 minutes outside of town and I’ve never been the slightest bit disappointed. Actually was there this past September again, with any luck I’d like to be living in that area in the next 5-7 years... 

Enjoy, hopefully you have a window seat, the view is nothing short of amazing as you’re coming in...

Jackson Hole. It’s been 25 years since I was there. Thanks for the optimism. The reason I’m going there is because the East has gotten so unreliable. Last year at Killington, I February, we had torrential rains. Luckily, JH has built up a tremendous base so that won’t be an issue. The altitude and dry air can keep a good packed powder upto 40. So I’m still hopeful. Just a bit nervous when I see the EURO advertising the entire 48 above freezing for my dates:unsure:

15 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Jackson Hole. It’s been 25 years since I was there. Thanks for the optimism. The reason I’m going there is because the East has gotten so unreliable. Last year at Killington, I February, we had torrential rains. Luckily, JH has built up a tremendous base so that won’t be an issue. The altitude and dry air can keep a good packed powder upto 40. So I’m still hopeful. Just a bit nervous when I see the EURO advertising the entire 48 above freezing for my dates:unsure:

My friends skied mammoth mountain until mid summer last year. They had a crazy season. 

13 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I dont see what the problem is. Buwahaaa.

Haha

What's funny is how this story broke..

Someone on Twitter claiming to be Beltrans niece lol She broke 3 stories alone this week, claiming altuve was wearing a buzzer during the playoffs..They had to "graduate" from garbage cans lol They were buzzed from a "videographer"

Altuve claimed his wife didn't want them to rip his shirt off lol

Rumor has it that Beltrans "niece" is some sort of Astros player or in the organization lol

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Haha

What's funny is how this story broke..

Someone on Twitter claiming to be Beltrans niece lol She broke 3 stories alone this week, claiming altuve was wearing a buzzer during the playoffs..They had to "graduate" from garbage cans lol They were buzzed from a "videographer"

He claimed his wife didn't want them to rip is shirt off lol

Rumor has it that Beltrans "niece" is some sort of Astros player or in the organization lol

Its unbelievable. What's not unbelievable is that somehow, yet again, my NY Muts have managed to end up circling the bowl in a scandal that they had nothing to do with. 

• Haha 1