• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

I mean its just not the best setup, a surface low passing 100 miles to our North, not good. You can't blame them for that.  In a good winter this would be a borderline nuisance event for much of the CWA. 

I actually thought the whole write-up was pretty damn good, going in depth and explaining why one shouldn't get their hopes up to snow over their boots. Kinda like constantly posting Kuchera maps and then being consistently disappointed. Just saying...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

V day storm of 2013 thumped for a good 8-12hrs and we got well over 8" then we mixed then back to snow with lots of enhancement and ended up ear 14" totals, but I guess we'll see!  I already mentioned the horrific H700mb lp as its mostly Northern stream energy, lol!

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

That was a good storm and you're right, we got thumped on front end pretty good.  I think I ended up near 20"...the backend outperformed the front end. Of note, my kids had school the day of the front end.  They were released early but I had to laugh...the forecast was gruesome but the school system (Phoenix) was clearly gaming the snow days with that one as they cancelled school the 2nd day.

Uh, yeah, I moved here....so there's no way that's happening. Sorry, guys!

2 hours ago, rochesterdave said:

Can we pin a post? This can’t be said enough. These are losers 90% of the time. 

How often do we see WAA snows?

That's all they are talking about lol

Not clippers, not cold fronts , not lake effect or lake enhancement lol

That's how we get most of our snow..

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

HRRR doesn't seem overly impressive with snow totals. I thought it did pretty good with Lake effect? Maybe it's not as good at picking up on enhancement events? It is one of the models I'm least familiar with.

I hope we dont get f&cked with single bands SW of us. When I first moved here we seemed to get those but last fee years not so much. WNW flow is either up by Wolfie and the toothless people or down  by the rich f@ckers near Skaneatales.  #sad

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I hope we dont get f&cked with single bands SW of us. When I first moved here we seemed to get those but last fee years not so much. WNW flow is either up by Wolfie and the toothless people or down  by the rich f@ckers near Skaneatales.  #sad

Yeah, that is what ALL of the lake effect events (what piddly ones we have had) have been so far. Camillus, Skan, SW Onondaga county. I have also been secretly hoping. Bville seems to be close enough to get involved...just not be the jackpot.

37 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, that is what ALL of the lake effect events (what piddly ones we have had) have been so far. Camillus, Skan, SW Onondaga county. I have also been secretly hoping. Bville seems to be close enough to get involved...just not be the jackpot.

Bottom line is where I lived most of my life, this place rocks for snow and winter weather. SE Virginia, northern NJ,  north germany, and CT...all suck azz for snow...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Bottom line is where I lived most of my life, this place rocks for snow and winter weather. SE Virginia, northern NJ,  north germany, and CT...all suck azz for snow...

CT kind of depends on the location as there is a lot of variance. I average close to 50" per year where I am.  Retention can be an issue and it's feast or famine. I was out in Cooperstown New York a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I was impressed with the area. 

4 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

CT kind of depends on the location as there is a lot of variance. I average close to 50" per year where I am.  Retention can be an issue and it's feast or famine. I was out in Cooperstown New York a couple of weeks ago for the first time and I was impressed with the area. 

You are right.  I was in SECT. The only decent winter was 1995/96. The rest was forgettable shite. 1993 Superstorm....5" then slop and dryslot. My GF's place had 20" in West Hartford.

Since I left in 2000, they have a Blizzard every year. I pray it rains there from December to April.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

You are right.  I was in SECT. The only decent winter was 1995/96. The rest was forgettable shite. 1993 Superstorm....5" then slop and dryslot. My GF's place had 20" in West Hartford.

Yeah you're right Southeast CT it's pretty much the worst place in CT for snow.  You're in a way better spot now. The snowiest area of the state in northwest Connecticut actually gets some decent leftover LES squalls and upslope with a few towns averaging like 80" + inches per year. I've never experienced a true lake-effect snowstorm before but have always wanted to.  Once in a while I may get a few leftover squalls but usually they don't make it past the Berkshires.  

• Like 1