• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

6 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

When there is an ever present trough over Hawaii just East of the DL it pretty much pushes everything Eastward as I mentioned yesterday with the forcing.  If that forcing had been displaced further West as it is East we'd be under a constant Trough as the North atlantic has been!  I may have an illustration

Look at the constant trough out across the NA now imagine it over us and if the forcing didn't screw us the way it did we'd be having a much different discussion, lol

NH 500 hgt 30 day loop

At the end of this illustration you can see a trough once again starting to form in and around HI and if it stays to HI West then I'd expect a dump of cold into the East the next couple weeks but sustained, IDK.  If it propagates to its East as I think its going to then we get more of the same.  Yeah I can speak of the AAM-GLAMM-MT ( Mountain Torque) and all those useless acronyms and what not, to perhaps sound intelligent, lol, but who would understand any of it on this forum except Met majors?

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

At the end of this illustration you can see a trough once again starting to form in and around HI and if it stays to HI West then I'd expect a dump of cold into the East the next couple weeks but sustained, IDK.  If it propagates to its East as I think its going to then we get more of the same.  Yeah I can speak of the AAM-GLAMM-MT ( Mountain Torque) and all those useless acronyms and what not, to perhaps sound intelligent, lol, but who would understand any of it on this forum except Met majors?

I agree with everything you posted, but MJO convection has been the root cause of our warm weather. As you already stated its been out of the cold phases since November. We need 8/1/2. It looks like it gets to 7 and starts to migrate back again the next few weeks. 

43 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Just to show u how close it is lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_15 (4).png

Problem is that big green area translates east. Seen a fair amount of modeling that seems to show a heavier precip "band" up in that general area of NY so you may be good there as it should be mostly/all SN.  Down here in South Beach we will flip for the last several hours, with lower precip rates fortunately. I think.

• Like 1

Yup ...

If the system didn't slow down things could of been different.. Originally I had 70%pops for Friday evening, now snow doesn't start till early Saturday afternoon..It allowed the HP to move north but it's still close enough to stop it from going much farther north than L.Ontario..

LR NAM getting into range..

1053840644_namconus_ref_frzn_us_49(1).thumb.png.2f32bdc926826a2e42b0788651de3047.png
780647520_namconus_ref_frzn_us_50(1).thumb.png.20dfbe10e97dd4f331852f68f9eaeff6.png
I think the Nam has the best presentation as far as 2M temps are concerned so we'll see but its still 3 days from fruition. Theres absolutely no way we dont ping or see plain rain Saturday and the only way we don't is if that Pig over the Central GL's can weaken quick enough to halt the mid lvl WAA cause that's the problem but not this far North. If this was a TRUE CUTTER we'd be approaching the mid 60's once again on Saturday but it's a hooker, whereas it hooks kinda NNW before it smacks into a tremendous HP situated over Ontario and Quebec Provinces and then it stops and heads straight East and almost Slightly ESE but it has to redevelop, absolutely must and if it doesn't, we're toast but I'm hedging the opposite way after looking more closely at the mid lvl but I hate the H700 prognosis cause it's just not a conducive one for an abundance of both Gulf and ATL moisture cause both are open for business. If one looks closely, you can see the convection from the Trop Pacific getting drawn North pretty much joining the gulf moisture heading NE which usually doesn't happen with a neutral ENSO butbit most certainly is. Personally I think the Atmosphere doesn't know WTF is going on across this planet the past several yrs or so it seems. It almost looks confused, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

TWC has 12+ across the area and an area of 6-8" just to the South of KROC which is usually the case with these kinds of events. This time around though the biggest difference will be the hefty amt of LE cause temps plummet so enhancement should be beneficial throughout the area as moisture is plentiful so we'll see I suppose!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Gfs by Sunday morning..

snku_acc.us_ne - 2020-01-15T105812.149.png

Gotta love the minimas over BUF and KROC. 
You guys are wrong about the icon. It consistently performed better with Saturday’s storm. You just can’t stand that it often advertises the correct temp profiles. Yeah. It’s warm biased. So are our storms. 
It’s been right over and over again in this region (so don’t go showing me the verification charts- GFS had Saturday’s storm over N PA). 

• Like 1