• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Late capture with the last system, which means very little at this juncture.. Always comes down to timing..

Modeling has been generally consistent with this aspect i think.  A primary heading west of here, or overhead is never good news, i don't care what 4 or 5 day winter precip panels show.  Fortunately, it's only Tuesday. Things can evolve differently.

4 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Not bad most are 6" for WNY

The stripe of heavy snow, well into Ontario, is with the main system. The rest is lake effect combined with front end. A couple members look like they want to develop a secondary in time to save the northern zones (don’t hold your breath). 
At least the ground should be white this time next week. 

• Like 1

Just now, Syrmax said:

Modeling has been generally consistent with this aspect i think.  A primary heading west of here, or overhead is never good news, i don't care what 4 or 5 day winter precip panels show.  Fortunately, it's only Tuesday. Things can evolve differently.

Exactly. “but this storm is different “ nonsense never adds up. It’s track dependent. Always. 

Just now, rochesterdave said:

Exactly. “but this storm is different “ nonsense never adds up. It’s track dependent. Always. 

It's not a cutter, it's a slider. It is different then your normal cutter. Most cutters you get zero snow. You have a area of low pressure running into a cold high, the front end thump could be substantial. 

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

If we can get the ground covered with several inches on Thursday, it would make whatever happens over the weekend more tolerable. I don't think it will get warm enough Saturday to ruin much snowpack. Odds look excellent for at least snowcover by this time next week.

Agreed. If we can squeak out 2-3" on backside of Thurs storm and another 2-5" on weekend before any further LE, it'll look more like winter.  I don't like having to rely on Sunday's backend of lake enhancement or whatever...but we can nickel and dime our way to decent totals by mid next week.

• Like 2