• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

We'll see what Euro brings but we need the system to not head from the lee of the Rockies towards MSP.  Most NWP has been showing something roughly similar.  That track and translation east has to be a 100-150 miles further south to get a major snowstorm here. Fortunately it's still Tues 00Z...and there is LES potential.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Still a lot of snowfall on the 6z...this run also looks strange to me how the LP jumps from the middle of the country to Wisconsin then basically moves ENE from there. Still not a lot of warmth per the models but I'm guessing with this run we thump, mix, then lighter snows/lake enhanced backside. 

Remarkably we could have two systems in a row where we rain/snizzle during the night (Overnight Wednesday/Saturday) and snow THREE times during the day (Thursday/Saturday/Sunday).

i imagine that hasn’t happened too often up here. 

6 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

I think Once the first low gets over taken by the second low off the coast it will be a colder situation Saturday night.

I still think we mix for a while. Initial thump of 2-3 inches then we switch over to a mix for a bit then back to snow for another 2-3” once that secondary does take over and winds flip NW. sometimes those backside lake effect/lake enhanced can surprise especially north of Buffalo but I wouldn’t count on more than 3-6” total for the Niagara Frontier. I could see 6-12” over the hills though with much more lake effect/enhancement on the backside with better ratios too. 

4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I still think we mix for a while. Initial thump of 2-3 inches then we switch over to a mix for a bit then back to snow for another 2-3” once that secondary does take over and winds flip NW. sometimes those backside lake effect/lake enhanced can surprise especially north of Buffalo but I wouldn’t count on more than 3-6” total for the Niagara Frontier. I could see 6-12” over the hills though with much more lake effect/enhancement on the backside with better ratios too. 

Read the buf AFD...it made me tingle a bit...