• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

17 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Is anyone else feeling deflated by this pattern? Even if we get snow coming up, it's not going to stick around to enjoy it much. 

Yeah the GEFS show a Eastern ridge and western trough from Jan 9th to the end of the run. If we lose January you can pretty much guarantee below normal snow for winter. 

14 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Is anyone else feeling deflated by this pattern? Even if we get snow coming up, it's not going to stick around to enjoy it much. 

Yes, very discouraging pattern.  It is almost expected lately, though.  End of December into early January seems to be warm and rainy many recent years.  Our family has a few annual mini-vacations planned around birthdays and Jan 9th is looking questionable at best.  Luckily I have one bathroom torn apart with a second one soon to follow so at least this early November weather gives me more time work on those....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah the GEFS show a Eastern ridge and western trough from Jan 9th to the end of the run. If we lose January you can pretty much guarantee below normal snow for winter. 

Is the mountain west having a great year?  It would be nice if the cause of our miserable weather is at least helping someone else out!!  

3 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

Is the mountain west having a great year?  It would be nice if the cause of our miserable weather is at least helping someone else out!!  

I believe they are. I have a few friends that board at Mammoth and they said the conditions were great. Last year they had snow into late July. 

https://www.mammothmountain.com/winter/mountain-information

32 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

How did Plattsburgh Pauly make out? 

Lol not good. 33 and rain. I overhyped myself and kept lying to myself that this looked better than it did. Mountains are doing a little better but me being right on the lake is keeping us a cold rain. On to the next. :) have a great day. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Yeah. This pattern blows. This is how we come into January? 
iDK. I saw a time lapse of arctic sea ice coverage since 1980, it’s taken a huge hit. Maybe our weather is truly changing. 
like others said, this seems to be a pattern. If the pattern holds true, we are looking at a good Feb/March. 

I hope you are right Dave. Important months ahead

6 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Yeah. This pattern blows. This is how we come into January? 
iDK. I saw a time lapse of arctic sea ice coverage since 1980, it’s taken a huge hit. Maybe our weather is truly changing. 
like others said, this seems to be a pattern. If the pattern holds true, we are looking at a good Feb/March. 

I'll take feb 15' please. 

20 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Best case scenario for the next event lol

366af81d-c600-4f20-aa22-471736d79a14.gif

Honestly I don't even want this at this point. The ground is so wet. Would be nice to just go cold a few days with sun and dry with a little wind to help soak some of this mess up. I know we are looking at a small cooler spell coming around the 6th-8th. Anyone think that might have some staying power or are we going to right back to 40s and bunch of blah...

• Like 1

The Pacific is just ruining pretty much everything that's good for us to get some sustained cold and snow and unless something changes then I'd expect more of the same for the foreseeable future unfortunately. The year without cold in the NE, oh wait except for a week in November, lol, what a joke!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

I hoped you heeded our warnings that it would end up disappointing you. This reminds me of my winters growing up in Lancaster, PA.

Yes, I am not upset. Models clearly overestimated the weak cold that was in place. Overestimates cold at both surface and upper levels . Models suck. Underestimated the warmth push. Useless. Anyways I’m off to California next week. Happy new year. Hope to catch some snow in the LA mountains

4 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

Yes, I am not upset. Models clearly overestimated the weak cold that was in place. Overestimates cold at both surface and upper levels . Models suck. Underestimated the warmth push. Useless. Anyways I’m off to California next week. Happy new year. Hope to catch some snow in the LA mountains

Thanks, you too.

You going to Cali for skiing? Big Bear?

58 minutes ago, Geez150 said:

Honestly I don't even want this at this point. The ground is so wet. Would be nice to just go cold a few days with sun and dry with a little wind to help soak some of this mess up. I know we are looking at a small cooler spell coming around the 6th-8th. Anyone think that might have some staying power or are we going to right back to 40s and bunch of blah...

I agree with this...i have water in parts of my yard I've never seen before...i would love to see a hard freeze for a week and then a good snow event, lake effect or otherwise and some staying power...atm that is unlikely

• Like 1