there is significant uncertainty within the model guidance that will
impact temperatures, precipitation timing, and precipitation
type. The GFS and GEFS mean are in utter disarray, while
similarly, the GFS and ECMWF place the CWA on opposite sides of
the low-level pattern such that the differences at 850 hPa
exceed 15C. This yields an extremely low confidence forecast
for most of the extended beyond Friday. That said, blended model
guidance was largely favored with little confidence in any of
the poorly clustered operational guidance.

I was noticing that on the 12z run today when the 528dm line made an appearance in deep Florida.  Definitely the first time I've ever seen anything like that; even if its 300hrs out.  I guess thats the way you get snow in Southern Florida which has supposedly happened a couple times over US history.

12552172_SEsnow1.thumb.JPG.759629b92b1fa1798cb3283e2bb7aede.JPG

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I was noticing that on the 12z run today when the 528dm line made an appearance in deep Florida.  Definitely the first time I've ever seen anything like that; even if its 300hrs out.  I guess thats the way you get snow in Southern Florida which has supposedly happened a couple times over US history.

12552172_SEsnow1.thumb.JPG.759629b92b1fa1798cb3283e2bb7aede.JPG

Such a scenario would work wonders on the invasive species problem, namely pythons and iguanas.  I have first hand experience with the later when a six foot iguana started sunning himself right next to my pool chair at the fountainblue back in September.  Wild. Glad it wasn’t a snake.  

19 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Such a scenario would work wonders on the invasive species problem, namely pythons and iguanas.  I have first hand experience with the later when a six foot iguana started sunning himself right next to my pool chair at the fountainblue back in September.  Wild. Glad it wasn’t a snake.  

I was just reading about the iguana problem.  I guess a nice long week of fairly cold temps are what are needed to really knock them back as they can handle a couple days of cold.  Apparently its been several years since a "prolonged" cold air outbreak and their numbers are blossoming.  

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

0z GFS has a decent SW band off Erie a mere 18 hours after the Bills game on Sunday.  Maybe something to track..  Otherwise looks like a complete washout for the game as things currently stand.  

Euro really dropped the ball on this one along with Canadian.  GFS new king of the long range?

Looks like it snows quite a bit in Florida along the panhandle. I was talking to my uncle about it when I was just down there near Miami, he said the only time its snowed that far south is 1977.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_in_Florida

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/01/19/35-years-ago-today-snow-in-miami/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

I was just reading about the iguana problem.  I guess a nice long week of fairly cold temps are what are needed to really knock them back as they can handle a couple days of cold.  Apparently its been several years since a "prolonged" cold air outbreak and their numbers are blossoming.  

You have to see the video I have of the iguana at the palm beach zoo down there. They are literally everywhere.

https://imgur.com/hMDLT2Y

You can see much better ridge placement on the 12z vs previous runs. The western shortwave is slightly weaker and rotates further southwest instead of getting sucked into the flow allowing more pieces from the north to funnel down. Looks like a very interesting run ahead. I can’t post images for some reason. At HR168 you can see the PJ halted for a sec there stopping those building heights.  At HR 180 you can see that SW about 150 miles west mitigating the flow. significant LE event for many.

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Yeah you ain't kidding lol

Still 150+hrs out though which sucks haha

ULL goes just to our north. 

snku_acc.us_ne (92).png

Yes much better wind positioning and ULL for LE for you guys! Big run early on for the first shortwave. You can see much better ridge placement on the 12z vs previous runs. The western shortwave is slightly weaker and rotates further southwest instead of getting sucked into the flow allowing more pieces from the north to funnel down. Looks like a very interesting run ahead. I can’t post images for some reason. At HR168 you can see the PJ halted for a sec there stopping those building heights.  At HR 180 you can see that SW about 150 miles west mitigating the flow. Gfs wobbling back and forth on where to put that SW. by keeping the SW further west we allow for a better polar connection as evident on 12 z starting at 168 compared to previous runs. On top of that the whole evolution of what happens after day 7 is skewed. The 6z will use that SW to build the next storm while the 12z will extrapolate a whole different solution.  I would rather have that SW hold back a bit tbh, HR 192 that SW about 250 miles east of 12z by Texas while it was in the eastern pacific on 6z. From 168-198 u can see 12z just dropping in northern wave short wave troughs

• Like 1