• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

By Hr 264 a pacific zonal flow develops. But you can also see a small piece of energy breaking off that southern SW likely going to down a storm day 11! Makes me think the cold will be halted this run for sure. . In fact the long range part of this run 10days on looks pretty bleh. Mainly Zonal flow . Artic shortwave not digging down into Canada.nearly as much .long range wobbling. We will see. Everyone run drastically differently. Analyzing is fun but obviously taken with a grain of salt. Small storm forms day 11 which looks pretty good early on. Piece of energy gets funneled from SW across country to the easternshortwave . Crazy how weather works Gives everyone on this board some snow! Happy tracking 

The GFS cutter solution certainly shows a really nice lake response (albeit not for my backyard) behind the primary storm .  The thing that really stands out right now is the ample low level moisture that hangs back for a solid 2 days right as the coldest and best aligned winds setup.  Definitely intrigued by that aspect as things currently stand. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

The GFS cutter solution certainly shows a really nice lake response (albeit not for my backyard) behind the primary storm .  The thing that really stands out right now is the ample low level moisture that hangs back for a solid 2 days right as the coldest and best aligned winds setup.  Definitely intrigued by that aspect as things currently stand. 

Yeah definitely the next timeframe to watch, looks to warm after it with another cutter. The air isn't extremely cold but with lake temps in mid 40s anything below normal at this time of year will yield a good lake response. Did you click the link? :lol:

https://imgur.com/hMDLT2Y

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah definitely the next timeframe to watch, looks to warm after it with another cutter. The air isn't extremely cold but with lake temps in mid 40s anything below normal at this time of year will yield a good lake response. Did you click the link? :lol:

https://imgur.com/hMDLT2Y

You're right about the Delta T's because after I made my post I realized I hadnt checked the 850's and they are just barely cold enough for a good response.  

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

Been in PA and I am surprised how long  the little bit of snow has held on here in the PA Mtns.

Agreed, even the 4 inches we had here held on longer than expected.  Shaded areas are still holding an inch.  

I'm guessing the super low sun angle and very dry air (dewpoint barely crept above freezing and only for a couple hours the past few days) has aided in the staying power.  

• Like 1

This is a long stretch of way above normal temps for late Dec.

This Afternoon
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
Christmas Day
Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Thursday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
Friday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Sunday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.

Just now, BuffaloWeather said:

This is a long stretch of way above normal temps for late Dec.

This Afternoon
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.
Christmas Day
Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Thursday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
Friday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
Saturday
Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Sunday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
Monday
Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.

It's ****ing gross.  And how does it show 0 precip Sat-Monday with that large storm barreling through??

• Like 1