Total Members
    Most Online
    WXMal4
    Newest Member
    WXMal4
BuffaloWeather

Upstate/Eastern New York

17 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Ill take it, bro you pretty much better get used to it, cause that's how it happens here, every year!  Yeah, sometimes we'll get our 15-20"er's here and there but mostly from LE that takes 2 days to get there too, lol!  Unless your in a true snowbelt, like you were a couple yrs ago, Its quite rare around here to see sick rates either plus we're 400ft asl, lol, which is basically the surface, and not 1200' which would be sick if we had some damn elevation!  That happens quite often up at the Top of Onondaga Hill up near OCC, where in some spots there's a decent pack and get to the Turnpike and the snow is in patches, at best!  Then we're also in a super transition zone where as soon as the band hits the South Shore, it falls off and breaks apart even with a WNW flow which is best for the area you now live in. I'm 7-9 miles to ur NE and our weather are worlds apart!

I have noticed that already. The NW flow snow showers we've had so far this year seem to focus more across southwestern Onon. county. I figured WNW is best...which, of course, is harder to come by.

I have thought about living up in the Tully area, but have no desire to commute through Syracuse every day to work in Bville. The wife and I are looking between Bville, Phoenix, and South of Fulton. Increased opportunities for LES and closer to work...but not many desirable homes available.

It would also be nice if there was an incoming HP which wasn't such weak sauce at 1024, lol! If that was a 1040 or better we'd have a totally different situation on our hands but we have nothing but LP's all over the place. Need HP's to supply Cold Air, remember Air flows from HP towards LP and if there are none, what do we expect, lol! Look at the Surface, all LP's no HP's except the baby I talked about!

pmsl.gif?1576332581658

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I hate WNW flow events, despise them!

Wouldn't those be your best shot as well? Depending on the exact angle of degrees, of course...(maybe that's why you hate them?)

25 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

998mb over the Delmarva and now shes gonna start to rapidly intensify but how fast is the question!

pmsl.gif?1576332096046

How's this compared to models? Faster/slower? If this intensifies quicker than the models maybe we will still see a surprise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Crushing it at peaknpeak! They’ll get a foot! Lol

See what they've picked up so far in the last hour?

That's what we will get over 24 hours.

:P

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Sure! Hopefully we can get some surprises from this.

I still think we will eke out 2-4" here.  But as Freak mentioned, the precip will be pulling away as the thermal profile improves so it'll be a bit of a race between these elements.

The mon/tues system seems like it may be a similar category of snowfall. 

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

I still think we will eke out 2-4" here.  But as Freak mentioned, the precip will be pulling away as the thermal profile improves so it'll be a bit of a race between these elements.

The mon/tues system seems like it may be a similar category of snowfall. 

If the Rgem has its way, we won't really get anything out of this...and we would have to rely on some lake effect action. And we know how that goes........