• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    85snowline
    Newest Member
    85snowline

Upstate/Eastern New York

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

When you get here, you will witness a full fledged snowstorm that has just started and I'm sure you'll be a happy Camper! cause I am, and I never am, lol!!

Lol...I noticed your enthusiasm!

I have been checking out the Bville webcam. Snowing hard there!

The bulge with the isobars down near the outer banks is where the Secondary is gonna take shape, at least thats what I'm thinking, but it could very well be inland or on shore and skirts the Coast!!

pmsl.gif?1575219870604

Warm nose is starting to work up into Buffalo and getting temps in some areas back above freezing. Still a little pocket of temps holding right at freezing over the city. Still observing freezing rain and a few ice pellets mixing in here at the moment.

14c2b215fa64db98a27375fe7343eae1.jpg

8f01f2d9e83a26b41cc2b7d70a300718.jpg

27 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Odd that BGM seems to have lowered the totals on their updated snowfall map.

Near Dunkirk now. Heavy rain and mid 30s. I will post updates as we trek east on the Thruway.

It’s likely to get worse once you start heading East past the toll at Williamsville...  you’ll be driving away from the warming influence of the lake and it changes quickly...

A helpful link... At the bottom of the page are various sections of the thruway to click through... this is the Syracuse  section which looks the worst at the moment 

https://www.thruway.ny.gov/travelers/map/text/twytextcameras.cgi?region=SYI90

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I still think the models are a tick or two to far East with Coastal as I think its gonna tuck and hug to coast or be even a tick or several ticks inland so we'll see as it develops which will have huge implications the size of lull we actually experience.

I

8 minutes ago, Polarbear said:

It’s likely to get worse once you start heading East past the toll at Williamsville...  you’ll be driving away from the warming influence of the lake and it changes quickly...

A helpful link... At the bottom of the page are various sections of the thruway to click through... this is the Syracuse  section which looks the worst at the moment 

https://www.thruway.ny.gov/travelers/map/text/twytextcameras.cgi?region=SYI90

Thanks!

Only started seeing ice on trees just north of Hamburg exit.

Things iced over pretty good here at Lackawanna toll booth.

Yeah we're gonna go over to some kind of precip other than snow with those returns headed this way.  Reds and Yellows are no good, bright banding indicative of mixing is moving quickly this way so we'll see.

Moderate SN attm, was heavy for a while...measured 2.3" in front driveway, not bad for essentially starting accum at near 11 am.  

Some bright returns inbound from SW, will be interesting to see what that delivers.

It was pure pounding sleet from Gates to woody acres tree farm in Webster. Almost no snow. A little freezing rain here and there.  Cars off the road in many places and some people driving 10mph.  

Storm looking juicier than I had expected.  Can’t wait to see where the secondary sets up shop, we need it to hang up and wait for the remnant upper low. 

• Like 1

Just keeps flipping back and forth between sleet and freezing rain here northeast of Ithaca.  Temperature sitting at 26 all day so far.  Roads are awful, just saw a plow nearly skid off the road here.

Will be interesting to watch cause it is slowing as it  nears but I think the Cuse is a lock for a bit o mixing but was expected I believe.  Maybe the warmer GFS aloft, that everyone scoffed at, was correct all along, lol!

12 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

HRRR having a tough time with icing situation.

zr_acc.us_ne.png

too warm in and around KBUF as theres clearly icing going on there.

Ya, my trees are all drooping pretty good. Still raining and 32.