KBGM Snip:

1045 AM Update...Felt it was prudent to upgrade Steuben county
to a winter storm warning at this time as significant icing is
ongoing and power outages are possible due to gusty east winds
(and ice). Numerous reports of treacherous road conditions due
to ice. This is a dangerous situation, travel is being severely
impacted. Steuben county will also see 5-10 inches of snow
tonight into Monday.

PL mixing in will likely hold down accums here to the lower end of the 4-6" NWS was advertising for No. Onondaga.  As we are near 3", we'll probably make the low end, or come close, but this is why i never expect much more than 3-4" from a WAA "thump" as the NE weenies like to say.  Almost always flips and you lose half the potential accumulation based solely on qpf.

• Like 1

Just now, Syrmax said:

PL mixing in will likely hold down accums here to the lower end of the 4-6" NWS was advertising for No. Onondaga.  As we are near 3", we'll probably make the low end, or come close, but this is why i never expect much more than 3-4" from a WAA "thump" as the NE weenies like to say.  Almost always flips and you lose half the potential accumulation based solely on qpf.

Yup, exactly what I was saying earlier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CNY_WX said:

Snowing heavily in the Giants/Packers game at the Meadowlands. 

How would we know?  Constant commercials.  That's why i enjoy soccer on tv better.  I'll flip back to watching my Giants get decimated once the Bundesliga and Premier League matches wrap up for the day.

Just now, Syrmax said:

How would we know?  Constant commercials.  That's why i enjoy soccer on tv better.  I'll flip back to watching my Giants get decimated once the Bundesliga and Premier League matches wrap up for the day.

After Rodgers moved down the field for a touchdown the Giants responded with one of their own.

• Like 1

Just now, CNY_WX said:

After Rodgers moved down the field for a touchdown the Giants responded with one of their own.

i just peeked in.  FOX graphics trying to show yardage marks is hurting my eyes.  I need the Giants to lose out to protect their position in the Chase Young (Ohio St) sweepstakes.  The rest of this team is a joke.  Back to soccer.