Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

Winter Observations '19-20

3 minutes ago, jaxjagman said:

We live by Concord road just off Concord Pass

If I were the NWS I would be getting nervous right about now about that slug of yellow and orange moving in from the southwest, all of that will run off rapidly. 

Just now, weathertree4u said:

I work off Harding but live in Cottontown; Mill Creek takes most all of the run off from everything down there, not too surprising to her that it is in flood

I bet Nolensville Rd past downtown Nolensville is blocked off.Mill creeek can do this

@Carvers Gap I updated my previous post to the new record of 78 in Knoxville for today, but the old record was set in 1954. Wasn't that the year you were comparing this fall/winter to a month or two ago?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Wurbus said:

@Carvers Gap I updated my previous post to the new record of 78 in Knoxville for today, but the old record was set in 1954. Wasn't that the year you were comparing this fall/winter to a month or two ago?

We actually broke our record high here.  Looks like 73 was the high today which broke the record high from....wait for it....1954.  Really stinks to be reliving that year.   LOL.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Wurbus, I was in Knoxville today at the Tennessee Theater.  Was incredible how warm it was.  Literally, was like summer.

It was insane. We were at Market Square eating brunch and sitting outside! Also, the poor ice rink in the middle of Market Square literally had standing water on top of the ice. I saw a couple small children fall and get soaked from the water.

10 minutes ago, Wurbus said:

It was insane. We were at Market Square eating brunch and sitting outside! Also, the poor ice rink in the middle of Market Square literally had standing water on top of the ice. I saw a couple small children fall and get soaked from the water.

Wow, we were at Market Square around 4:30PM or so.  We caught a play at the Tennessee Theater and then walked around.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Carvers Gap said:

Wow, we were at Market Square around 4:30PM or so.  We caught a play at the Tennessee Theater and then walked around.  

We were in Knoxville yesterday as well! Grabbed brunch at Balter Beerworks and then attended a wedding at The Standard.

The car showed 76F in sunshine near Jeff City on 40. 

• Like 2

Had a some heavy rain change to heavy grapple for about 5 minutes while out shopping with the wife. Was fun to watch everyone panicking in the parking lot and running for there lives lol

• Like 4

Decent snow shower rolling through right now here, mixed with graupel too. Looks like it was really coming down just to my south

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Holston_River_Rambler said:

Down to 40 already. Some locations nearby in the upper 30s. I guess we have to wait and see how stout the 850 jet is. 

I'm at 33 currently.  

• Like 1

Already sitting at 32. NAM and HI-RES NAM are way off on temps. RGEM seems to be doing much better. But, it shows freezing rain in the morning.

• Like 1