• Member Statistics

    16,116
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Irish
    Newest Member
    Irish
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Ralph Wiggum

Coastal Storm Dec 1-2

Recommended Posts

Personally I find this map a hilarious beginning for winter it's like 2019 was re initiated if it went down like this.

1 to 9" in Monmouth County east to west :lol:

 

12zuk.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

WSW just north Berks not included yet

There will be a real sharp cutoff somewhere with this one. Unfortunately Berks seems to be in the cross-hairs for the cutoff. The Ukie and Euro look good, the CMC, GFS, RGEM, NAM, etc. not the greatest for our area. I'm just trying to figure out when I want to drive back to school Sunday. Icy start to the day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one really reminds me of Christmas 2002....except elevation will not be as big a factor as back then. However, firmly believe anyplace north of M/D line could see accumulating < 2" but likely not plowable snow by Monday night. Expect that WAA event on Sunday will be less than some folks think but as wrap around develops really think current NWS WSW area especially east of Northeast extension of Turnpike and NE bound will do well with the snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Newman said:

There will be a real sharp cutoff somewhere with this one. Unfortunately Berks seems to be in the cross-hairs for the cutoff. The Ukie and Euro look good, the CMC, GFS, RGEM, NAM, etc. not the greatest for our area. I'm just trying to figure out when I want to drive back to school Sunday. Icy start to the day.

Wanna drive my Prevost tour bus to MetLife Stadium for me on Sunday? Gotta roll around 5:30 am, go up to Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, then come down through the Poconos on 380 to 80 and be there in time for them to tailgate...

Not looking forward to it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Wanna drive my Prevost tour bus to MetLife Stadium for me on Sunday? Gotta roll around 5:30 am, go up to Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, then come down through the Poconos on 380 to 80 and be there in time for them to tailgate...

Not looking forward to it at all.

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So there’s no chance of the temp dropping to help the storm? We’ve got snow in the forecast (Newtown) from 6 am to 11 pm. I see temps from 39 to 37 all day which goes against the snow actually happening much less sticking... but can’t the temp end up being cooler? 
 

it’s just so quiet here. I thought I’d see excitement about the possibilities... and discussion about what white whale changes need to happen for the storm to become a reality.

Don’t give up on snow and winter already. You guys really make winter and the joy of weather come alive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Furrawn said:

So there’s no chance of the temp dropping to help the storm? We’ve got snow in the forecast (Newtown) from 6 am to 11 pm. I see temps from 39 to 37 all day which goes against the snow actually happening much less sticking... but can’t the temp end up being cooler? 
 

it’s just so quiet here. I thought I’d see excitement about the possibilities... and discussion about what white whale changes need to happen for the storm to become a reality.

Don’t give up on snow and winter already. You guys really make winter and the joy of weather come alive.  

The areas like the LV and Poconos that may see accumulating snow are in a different sub forum. The Philly area will start as a mix N of the M/D line mid morning. Turning to plain rain South to North. Periods of rain/wet snow Monday as the coastal does the tighten up. Accumulation in extreme SE PA will be minimal at best imo. Northeast PA will do well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedSky said:

Ukie wraps a 3-6" backlash band down through Bucks and kisses Philly, ECM basically has the same thing displaced 50 miles ENE. 

 

 

The Euro is like the grand-dad that is starting to lose it and the Ukie is like the drunk uncle that passes out before the holiday dinner. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedSky said:

Ukie wraps a 3-6" backlash band down through Bucks and kisses Philly, ECM basically has the same thing displaced 50 miles ENE. 

 

 

Looks like us out here in Berks are gonna be just out side that decent wrap around as Newman pointed out to me earlier. It’s early just having these threats is encouraging 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Ukie wraps a 3-6" backlash band down through Bucks and kisses Philly, ECM basically has the same thing displaced 50 miles ENE. 

 

 

I’d be thrilled to get even an inch this early... especially when the 2019-2020 winter season is looking to be much nicer snow-wise than last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The areas like the LV and Poconos that may see accumulating snow are in a different sub forum. The Philly area will start as a mix N of the M/D line mid morning. Turning to plain rain South to North. Periods of rain/wet snow Monday as the coastal does the tighten up. Accumulation in extreme SE PA will be minimal at best imo. Northeast PA will do well.

The Meso's are not doing much for this region especially south of Qtown to far north Jersey, interesting split in the guidance on this one.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedSky said:

The Meso's are not doing much for this region especially south of Qtown to far north Jersey, interesting split in the guidance on this one.

 

NAM crept South with the meaningful snow fwiw. Gets the nearby burbs into the action with the ULL/CCB love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mt. Holly lofted a WWA further south and converted the Leigh Valley Watch to a Warning...

Quote

Winter Weather Advisory

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
341 PM EST Sat Nov 30 2019

...LONG DURATION WINTER STORM EXPECTED SUNDAY THROUGH MONDAY...

PAZ070-071-102-104-011100-
/O.EXB.KPHI.WW.Y.0019.191201T0800Z-191201T1800Z/
Delaware-Philadelphia-Eastern Chester-Eastern Montgomery-
Including the cities of Media, Philadelphia, West Chester,
Kennett Square, Norristown, and Lansdale
341 PM EST Sat Nov 30 2019

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM TO 1 PM EST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total snow accumulations of
  up to one inch and ice accumulations of a light glaze to a few
  hundredths of an inch.

* WHERE...Delaware, Philadelphia, Eastern Chester and Eastern
  Montgomery counties.

* WHEN...From 3 AM to 1 PM EST Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A mixture of sleet and freezing rain during
  the morning is expected to change over to rain during the
  afternoon.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

&&

$$

 

201901130-nws-winterweatheradv-phi-winterstormwarning-winterweatheradv-phiarea.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Mt. Holly lofted a WWA further south and converted the Leigh Valley Watch to a Warning...

 

201901130-nws-winterweatheradv-phi-winterstormwarning-winterweatheradv-phiarea.PNG

The only warnings I saw were Poconos and NW Jersey,  I know Lv had watch last night but my alert said WWA for Allentown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some icing tomorrow and perhaps a little snow on Monday...not a bad way to start met winter. I’ll be happy with an inch. Outside shot at 2-3 here in Exton. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

The only warnings I saw were Poconos and NW Jersey,  I know Lv had watch last night but my alert said WWA for Allentown 

You're right - that WSW was put up by Binghampton (the point and click is acting wacky) -

Quote

Winter Storm Warning

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE...UPDATED
National Weather Service Binghamton NY
349 PM EST Sat Nov 30 2019

NYZ018-044-056-062-PAZ039-040-044-048-072-011100-
/O.UPG.KBGM.WS.A.0010.191201T1200Z-191203T0000Z/
/O.EXB.KBGM.WS.W.0011.191201T1200Z-191203T0000Z/
Onondaga-Cortland-Broome-Sullivan-Susquehanna-Northern Wayne-
Lackawanna-Pike-Southern Wayne-
Including the cities of Syracuse, Cortland, Binghamton,
Monticello, Hallstead, Montrose, Damascus, Equinunk, Scranton,
Milford, and Honesdale
349 PM EST Sat Nov 30 2019

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM SUNDAY TO 7 PM EST
MONDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow and mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
  accumulations of 9 to 15 inches and ice accumulations of around
  one tenth of an inch.

* WHERE...In Pennsylvania, Susquehanna, Northern Wayne,
  Lackawanna, Pike and Southern Wayne counties. In New York,
  Onondaga, Cortland, Broome and Sullivan counties.

* WHEN...A mixture of snow, sleet and freezing rain will
  overspread the area Sunday morning, and continue through the
  daytime hours. The wintry mix then changes to all snow after
  midnight Sunday night, and could be heavy at times through the
  day Monday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. The
  hazardous conditions could impact the Monday morning and evening
  commutes.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The heaviest period of snow is expected to
  occur later Sunday night into Monday. Snowfall rates up to 2
  inches per hour are expected at times. Temperatures hover in the
  mid 20s to lower 30s through the event.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If you must travel, keep an extra flashlight, food, and water in
your vehicle in case of an emergency.

The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can
be obtained by calling 5 1 1.

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation and Pennsylvania
Turnpike Commission strongly encourage motorist to heed all
travel restrictions and delay unnecessary travel. Visit
www.511pa.com for the latest travel, roadways, and traffic
conditions.

&&

$$

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.