• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

Theres all sorts of things wrong with these models. Most of them keep the shoreline void of any snow, like the Lake is gonna have any say with this air mass, NOT, so I wouldn't be worrying so much about precip maps and totals especially in enhancement areas like mine and whatnot because their most likely wrong, I hope, lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

NWS buf AFD at 2:30 states lower qpf and the more easterly track of the LP as to now making a warning criteria event less likely...what I don't agree with is they, and many others, always have issues with enhancement from Lake Ontario with every NE to northerly wind. In a NE direction Niagara co and the Niagara peninsula of Ontario would be the bullseye not Monroe and Orleans as they suggest. Otherwise looks about right.

32 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

NWS buf AFD at 2:30 states lower qpf and the more easterly track of the LP as to now making a warning criteria event less likely...what I don't agree with is they, and many others, always have issues with enhancement from Lake Ontario with every NE to northerly wind. In a NE direction Niagara co and the Niagara peninsula of Ontario would be the bullseye not Monroe and Orleans as they suggest. Otherwise looks about right.

A northeast wind will enhance Niagara, Orleans, and Monroe just about the same. In fact the NE fetch is usually ideal for Monroe county as the shoreline is oriented somewhat NW to SE so you end up with strong frictional convergence as the winds are nearly perpendicular to shoreline. Additionally the NE fetch in Monroe county extends all the way up to Alexandria bay which gives the longest fetch during NE enhancement events. 

Im still holding out hope for a 4-7 type storm. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

A northeast wind will enhance Niagara, Orleans, and Monroe just about the same. In fact the NE fetch is usually ideal for Monroe county as the shoreline is oriented somewhat NW to SE so you end up with strong frictional convergence as the winds are nearly perpendicular to shoreline. Additionally the NE fetch in Monroe county extends all the way up to Alexandria bay which gives the longest fetch during NE enhancement events. 

Im still holding out hope for a 4-7 type storm. 

Rochester city proper ne wind is max fetch of about 80 to 85 miles. Max fetch in monroe county is webster at about 100 miles on a west north west wind. Nw wind max fetch for roc is about 55 60 miles.

The RGEM is a pretty huge hit. Basically snows across entire forum for over 24 hours straight. That's without lake enhancement. It's a good overrunning track with lots of cold air. Someone could hit a foot across Chautauqua ridge pretty easily by weds morning. Even places south of the lake Ontario at higher elevations could hit double digits. I'm optimistic, if the changeover occurs earlier then expected we would get higher totals. I dont expect very high totals here due to being closer to a very warm lake erie.

• Like 1