• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, tim123 said:

For a region that gets so much snow they are extremely stingy on winter storm watches and warnings. 

That's the exact reason they are stingy. We are used to run of the mill 3-6" events here. For locations that don't receive a lot of snow like we do they issue them quickly. It makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So when does the NWS buf start to panic after, for days mind you, shitting on the Euro???

Well there is no reason to panic. It’s a fun storm for us nerds but something that WNY can handle without batting an eye and a minor nuisance for the general pop.  It’s not like they missed a three foot blizzard. 

Also, now probably isn’t the time but I’m always fascinated by the gfs hate. Ive used it pretty much 90 percent of the time for years and it seems damn decent to me. If you compare the sfc low placement around 12z Tuesday for the past 5 days you’ll see the gfs does a better job than the euro. I also feel like I see it identify storms further out than the euro, only to lose them in mid range before finally locking in again around day 4.  Anyway, always an interesting topic. I think the gfs gets a worse rap than it deserves. 

/end rant