• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Hawkeyecr
    Newest Member
    Hawkeyecr

2019/2020 Mountains and Foothills Fall/Winter Thread.

Just now, Blue_Ridge_Escarpment said:

This is early for them. It’s usually after the first flake is flying. 

well thats GSP for you,

5 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

GSP not impressed at all..The only warnings in the south are in East Tennessee..lol

They’re gun shy on hyping winter weather after all their busts in the upstate. We really need a different representative for the 828.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Duncana said:

You guys think the Morganton/Valdese areas of Burke could see warning criteria of at least 4 inches?

May be in a precip minimum and could get only an inch or 2 but if you buy the NAM 2 to 4 inches seem a good bet. 

• Like 1

GSP says WWA for area. Saying 1-3 in mtns with locally 4. 1-2 with locally 3 in foothills 
I think after getting snakebit when they issued the WSW's a couple months ago, they're thinking is they can always upgrade the wwa in the morning. Can't say that I blame them.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hello Mnt & Foothill peeps! I see we’re in the pre storm boom or bust excitement phase. I really like the look of this system. In GSP’s afternoon disco they speak of the system currently in Texas being better organized than modeled. Certainly won’t be surprised to see some places upgraded overnight. As usual there will be over & under performers. Enjoy the now though because it’s a big part of the fun! Good luck to all of you.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Rainforrest said:

Nws saying 3-5 “ for me. I think we get switched to a Wsw sometime after midnight. 

4am while everyone is asleep 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NavarreDon said:

Hello Mnt & Foothill peeps! I see we’re in the pre storm boom or bust excitement phase. I really like the look of this system. In GSP’s afternoon disco they speak of the system being in Texas being better organized than modeled. Certainly won’t be surprised to see some places upgraded overnight. As usual there will be over & under performers. Enjoy the now though because it’s a big part of the fun! Good luck to all of you.

Thanks Don for stopping by! We sure do miss you around here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, strongwxnc said:

Up to 3” here.. that’s nice

Good luck Mark, I hope you get hammered I know the kids will enjoy it. My son's already glued to the window asking every min when it's going to snow lol 

• Like 2

Not buying the anti-foothill guidance. I’ve not encountered too many overrunning events that didn’t score well in the foothills counties. 

• Like 1

Our heaviest rates will be from around noon to 3. It should be flate out putting it down then. The onset for most will be from 8 to 10 am tomorrow morning.  Lingering snow showers should persist through the evening hours especially along the boarder counties especially as the cold air bleeds in 

• Like 1

Raysweather with one of the worst forecasts I have seen on Facebook... He is usually better than that 
He's decreased in quality and accuracy significantly since I moved up here in 2015. Used to check his page frequently now I rarely look at it for more than a laugh.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, calculus1 said:

Less than 1 inch for Franklin?

image.thumb.png.edb4c9ffb17b5af2cb2623fbfe8adb0e.png

Not sure what to make of gsp anymore. 

Although,  the heavy cloud cover here is very concerning,  especially since it's still 50 degrees!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Our heaviest rates will be from around noon to 3. It should be flate out putting it down then. The onset for most will be from 8 to 10 am tomorrow morning.  Lingering snow showers should persist through the evening hours especially along the boarder counties especially as the cold air bleeds in 

Yeah, the models show 1-2" per hour rates during that time. The 18z gfs was a nice improvement over the 12z.

• Like 1

Just now, franklin NCwx said:

Not sure what to make of gsp anymore. 

Although,  the heavy cloud cover here is very concerning,  especially since it's still 50 degrees!

Meh you may mix very early but tonight things will really cool off a lot. You know we are usually warm before a good snowstorm.  I even saw some blue sky today.

• Like 1