Total Members
    Most Online
    diamondtae
    Newest Member
    diamondtae

Parts 1 and 2 Obs - 2/10-2/12 Winter Storm

19 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

32 dp28 winds [email protected] freezing rain 

Most stations in southwestern Berks are around 31-32 while northeastern Berks is 28-29. I'm currently at 29 and sleet/Freezing rain mix. I just went outside and trees/car windshields are finally starting to get some ice accretion. Measured 1.75" of snow/sleet accumulation.

Temp is back up to 33 here (for now) and I noticed KPHL is starting to warm up a bit (I am actually closest to KLOM but they tend to run too cold for me).  Still have moderate rain and a lot of slush.

Looks like a dryslot is incoming before the (possible) final batch.

DIX_loop-02122019.gif

30.2F DP 28.4 winds E @ 9mph

Moderate freezing rain, turning more to a drizzle.  Ice coating most cold surfaces. Cool to see the temp drop as the wind blows stronger and due east.  Not cool for  commuters though.

13 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Rose to 35 and dropped to 33. Are we going to head back below freezing as it gets darker?

no...it should, overall, continue to warm throughout the night

6 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Temp up to 32 here now. Looks like I have transitioned to freezing rain, should be all rain in the next hour or so. 

There's not much precip left...

Rainy, misty, damp breezy, feels much colder than the temp...33F

1 minute ago, Birds~69 said:

There's not much precip left...

Rainy, misty, damp breezy, feels much colder than the temp...33F

Behind the dry slot there looks to be loads of precipitation (assuming that band holds together and pumps GOM moisture up here)!!! :maprain:

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Behind the dry slot there looks to be loads of precipitation (assuming that band holds together and pumps GOM moisture up here)!!! :maprain:

Ahhh...yeah. That's one helluva dry slot. It doesn't really matter since that batch will be plain rain....

Joining the trend. Up to 33.6 here; temps have risen steadily in the last hour after sticking within 0.2 degrees for many hours. Ice has melted off the trees in steady, cold (plain old) rain. 

Would've been nice if this had been snow. I'd like a nice 2-3 day snow holiday. Do ice and sleet also indicate French toast? I have all ingredients on hand. 

Up to a high for today of 33.1 - with this storm's 3.8" of snow we now stand at 19.8" of snow for the season. While this is only 82% of normal (24.1") through today.. it is however 0.2" more than we had through today last year....when we finished with 58.5" of snow or 21" above normal for the season. Of course we did experience the snowiest March in Chester County PA history with coop records dating back to 1894 with the 30.6" of snow that fell during the month. I still suspect we finish with an above normal snow season in the County but probably not to the level of last season.

3 hours ago, a little edgy said:

Joining the trend. Up to 33.6 here; temps have risen steadily in the last hour after sticking within 0.2 degrees for many hours. Ice has melted off the trees in steady, cold (plain old) rain. 

Would've been nice if this had been snow. I'd like a nice 2-3 day snow holiday. Do ice and sleet also indicate French toast? I have all ingredients on hand. 

Hello and welcome! This is a little late but you should have the French toast.

Temp is still around 32 but really not sure if any of the drizzle/mist is freezing. Final combined total is 2.75". Brings the yearly total to 18.75". Just need a couple more nickel and dime events or a solid MECS to get me to normal.

Never made it above freezing last night. Temp actually dropped from 31.5 to 30 around midnight. Lots of icing overnight. Roads are a mess and car is caked in ice. Probably the 3rd most impactful winter event this season.

1.5" on the event. Was pretty disruptive though. Still November is our biggest snowfall to date... winter of bore.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Newman said:

Temp is still around 32 but really not sure if any of the drizzle/mist is freezing. Final combined total is 2.75". Brings the yearly total to 18.75". Just need a couple more nickel and dime events or a solid MECS to get me to normal.

Hi Newman, do you know what normal is for your area of Berks?? I would suspect that areas above 500ft asl should at least be the same as my area of NW Chester County which averages 36" of annual snowfall

13 minutes ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Hi Newman, do you know what normal is for your area of Berks?? I would suspect that areas above 500ft asl should at least be the same as my area of NW Chester County which averages 36" of annual snowfall

I would have guessed mid 30's as well.

5 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

I typically just use Allentown as a baseline for average snowfall which is around 32". I don't know what the exact average is in my backyard.