• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowGiant611
    Newest Member
    SnowGiant611
Amos83

December 8-10 Winter Storm Obs

@Orangeburgwx, this round, ULL,  petered out before it got here.. It did look promising.. 

My daughter, in Tabor City-Whiteville, did get a slight dusting..

Moister just, "ran out" before it got too my Local..  Maybe on the GFS-FV3 you can start that for the Dec 25th..(hinting,,  looks exciting)!   

Capture.JPG

20 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Just got into work. Roads definitely icy. I really should have waited a couple more hours. Main roads are fine. Just have to watch out for the runoff that refroze last night. 

I work 9 miles from my house, both places are in southern wake and roads were dry and fine.

I know it is a different story across the county.   I wonder if we will have a similar situation on Wednesday morning?

1 hour ago, PackGrad05 said:

I work 9 miles from my house, both places are in southern wake and roads were dry and fine.

I know it is a different story across the county.   I wonder if we will have a similar situation on Wednesday morning?

Could be just as bad. We'll get a lot of melting today, and then temps may get into the upper teens overnight. So as soon as the sun goes down it should be below freezing and any wet pavement will turn icy fast. 

Remarkable photos, Eyewall.  Thanks for sharing these.  16" up here in the provinces.  Ended with some sleet and frz rain.  Overall, a great storm for us.  95% snow, temps steady between 29 and 31...started at 400A and lasted until at least midnight...20 hours basically.  

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 4:42 PM, NCSNOW said:

Mount Mitchell had 34 inches from the storm. Think Boone was 21 officially. Both need to be confirmed. Amazing storm. I could get use to white ground 3 months out of the year.

Had 21-23" here in Todd...from measurements in various places...field, driveway, deck, etcetera.  Sitting at 30 degrees now...clear and cold with some winds

On 12/10/2018 at 8:50 PM, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Could this be the night to break CAE's streak of non measurable snowfall?

1763 days since Feb 12, 2014; 2.1 inches.

Looks like it didn't happen so 1764 days and counting.

Well it’s Thursday evening at 10:45. My kids have been inside all week studying for exams that were to start this week. Exams were cancelled and school was cancelled tomorrow. They are outside for the first time sledding and having a blast. It’s amazing that they are able to enjoy this snow at this point.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

What was CLT’s official snowfall for the Great December Storm?

2.9 per NOAA. 

GSP was 4.3

Highest I can find in NC was 32 Mt Mitchell

Highest in SC was 14 Caeser's Head