Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2018-19 OBS Thread

Rtd208

11 hours ago, specialsk said:

Sorry, but this "sub-forum" is a joke. Worst participation on the whole site, especially as a major metro. Winter not going your way, then bail? Hmmm...the sports analogies to the hometown are stunning.

And before you start asking "Who are you?", rest assured I tried to start conversation here once or twice, but when you're not in "the clique," guess you don't count. Vicious circle.

Anyway, here's to Spring 2019.

lol...says the guy with 6 posts in 5 years. You're more than welcome to participate here, we're a friendly group. Anyway...

I'm more of a Rita's guy -- mango or cherry (they mix well with vodka).

12 hours ago, specialsk said:

Sorry, but this "sub-forum" is a joke. Worst participation on the whole site, especially as a major metro. Winter not going your way, then bail? Hmmm...the sports analogies to the hometown are stunning.

And before you start asking "Who are you?", rest assured I tried to start conversation here once or twice, but when you're not in "the clique," guess you don't count. Vicious circle.

Anyway, here's to Spring 2019.

I haven’t posted simply because I still don’t know nearly enough to contribute anything to the conversation.  I’ve quietly lurked for a couple of years. My friends and relatives text me to find out the REAL weather that I suss out from reading Wiggum, RedSky, Iceman, Kamusnow, Agnes, etc. I could mention everyone since I feel like I know them. Once I do feel like I know enough to post, I imagine there will be a warm welcome. These are nice folks who have created a warm lovely group of weather lovers.... and they know their stuff... 

My guess is that if you want to be part of the group and get responses, you’ll need to post frequently enough that they know who you are...

I do understand being disappointed by the snow that seems to veer off and miss us. It sometimes feels like the weather has set up a “Bermuda Triangle” of sorts for us this winter... Hoping for snow makes me feel like Sisyphus lately, and I’m an idealistic optimist.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Furrawn said:

I haven’t posted simply because I still don’t know nearly enough to contribute anything to the conversation.  I’ve quietly lurked for a couple of years. My friends and relatives text me to find out the REAL weather that I suss out from reading Wiggum, RedSky, Iceman, Kamusnow, Agnes, etc. I could mention everyone since I feel like I know them. Once I do feel like I know enough to post, I imagine there will be a warm welcome. These are nice folks who have created a warm lovely group of weather lovers.... and they know their stuff... 

My guess is that if you want to be part of the group and get responses, you’ll need to post frequently enough that they know who you are...

I do understand being disappointed by the snow that seems to veer off and miss us. It sometimes feels like the weather has set up a “Bermuda Triangle” of sorts for us this winter... Hoping for snow makes me feel like Sisyphus lately, and I’m an idealistic optimist.

Thanks for the nice post, and welcome!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Thanks for the nice post, and welcome!

Thanks, Kamusnow. I’m usually on here multiple times a day... I’m quiet because OOOH SNOW isn’t much to contribute... but hopefully sometime in the future, I’ll be able to hold my own. I ordered weather books... and am always looking up new things I learn from all of you. 

I’m sure I’m not the only quiet person who relies upon and loves the posts here. You’re all awesome! 

• Like 1

My obs are simple. This winter sucks from the poconos to the shore. The trend on the Sunday evening event for the poconos, which now includes transition to ice, is the final nail. When the poconos can’t get and hold snow showers...throughout the winter mind you....and the lakes are partially frozen with many areas of open water.....the winter sucks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, crypt88 said:

KamuSnow,

My exact sentiments in ref to the bermuda triangle, but most winters here seem to take that angle or

is it just a figment of my imagination? 

Those were actually Furrawn's comments, all I will say is that this winter has been... different. Probably wouldn't have noticed it as much at ground level if I didn't track it, other than we've been less than average in snowfall so far, and I've been wearing a jacket since October. I'm ready for spring, but it's still February and I'm hoping for more snow during the next month, since Spring weather is not realistic (at any sustained level) during that time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crypt88 said:

Sp,

I agree, the daffodils are beginning their early emergence as it was only a matter of time with the warm and wet conditions that have set in this winter...

Seriously???

Up here, the ground is still frozen pretty good and most garden areas are under at least some patchy areas of snow.

16 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Those were actually Furrawn's comments, all I will say is that this winter has been... different. Probably wouldn't have noticed it as much at ground level if I didn't track it, other than we've been less than average in snowfall so far, and I've been wearing a jacket since October. I'm ready for spring, but it's still February and I'm hoping for more snow during the next month, since Spring weather is not realistic (at any sustained level) during that time.

Sorry about that Kamusnow.. Holding out, but little in the way of snow will ease this winter of discontent..

14 hours ago, Voyager said:

Seriously???

Up here, the ground is still frozen pretty good and most garden areas are under at least some patchy areas of snow.

Yes,

Seriously, warm and wet over all has been the theme. Patchy snow in SJ, not a chance.. Expecting some snow this week,

but it will predominantly be rain til next weekend..