Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 15 Snow/Ice Chance

showmethesnow

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

GFS is probably a sleet/snow/snow grains mix to start with the dry air aloft, but goes over to rain fairly quickly. Probably stays rain/sleet mix for you through 18z.

I’m pleased looks like a solid chance of first frozen for most of the subforum.

maybe -- you are more optimistic than me. Im looking at the soundings for my area per Pivotal Weather

at 12z thursday 31/22, so some lovely dry air aloft to deal with

by 18z thursday i'm 32/32 with just a hint of a warm nose aloft

ill expect some mangled flakes, or sleet mixed with rain. 

7 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Yes, EURO is a good run many given the time of year. I'm sure many would lock it up. :snowing: 

This does all get washed away though.

2rgCOHR.png

Be great to just get on the board early.  Can we get a shift south though for Eastern HoCo. I don’t want to be that “FRINGED” guy. :lol:

16 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Yes, EURO is a good run many given the time of year. I'm sure many would lock it up. :snowing: 

This does all get washed away though.

2rgCOHR.png

I thought that was the 10:1. Just realized that is the Kuchera. That's a big shift for the Euro.

eta: Will be interesting to see if the EPS follows the ops lead.

• Like 1

The wild card in this coming storm will be the closed low at 500 mb and we have seen a good improvement in that regards with the Euro. Seeing that feature come in stronger, quicker and swinging farther south and east as it rolls through our region. Actually getting very close to a good solution in that regards. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

We need the guy with the UKIE snow maps but it moves in precip even faster then the EURO at 72hrs it already has .1" of precip at DCA. 

It might be a total slam dunk of a run, I just honestly can't analyze it well. I'll dump the maps. The MSLP is kinda crazy, pops a real low off the coast.

6cH11he.png

cdIj0md.png

Looking at the reaction of the low off the coast leads me to believe that we are seeing a much better interaction with the closed 500 mb low. Not surprising considering we are seeing the same thing with the Euro.

• Like 2

That 500mb pass is really nice on the Euro.  Get that northern stream out of the way just a pinch more and if that slides another 20-50 miles farther south, would be possible to see a changeover back to frozen east of the mountains on Friday morning.  Could get some brief heavy precipitation that can drag down some colder air and get a few minutes of fatties.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic