• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Carvers Gap

2 hours ago, bearman said:

Wow... As for here it's currently 49 with some sprinkling. Every few minutes a gust or two comes through around 15 to 20 mph with sustained around 10 then it mellows down to 5.

Update 1: Scratch that now I'm getting some 20+ gusts. I wonder what the mountain tops are gusting to.

Update 2: Cold front has arrived now it's 45 and falling fast. According to the weather station the feels like is 38.

Update 3: As of 11:30 it's 43 and the rapid fall in temperatures has slowed down. Winds are still sustained in the teens and it's sprinkling again. Ahh, I just love giving observations during cold fronts. Very few people are crazy enough to stand outside in a chilly breeze near midnight just for the heck of it. Welp time to head back in and warm up.

Update 4: After having gone ages without realizing it and feeling dumb because of it, I was an hour behind on my observations because I never set the time to daylight savings in March on my weather station. :lol: 12:52 A.M.- 8mph sustained winds from the northeast, 42F with 66% humidity, under partly cloudy skies.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jaxjagman said:

Might hit our first freeze tonight,we'll have to see what heat island comes with it

We had a light frost on the ground this morning in West Tennessee.  It was a welcome sight for sure.  It’s warming up pretty quick though today.  I think the high tomorrow is 70 and then we return back to highs in the low 60’s for the rest of the week going forward.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

Certainly feels like a raw December day today.  Steady rain falling here in Erwin and a temperature in the upper 30's.  

Yeah, I love this weather.  What is crazy, it doesn't feel that cold to me.  I think what happened is I dealt with such low temps during the AM in Yellowstone(a few weeks ago), that it messed up my seasonal "clock."   In other words, when we hit single digits there during October(the guides on my fly rod were freezing up), it acclimated me to winter weather.  By March I will be tired of it...but today it is good!  Just a classic El Nino wx event...cold and nasty.  Glad we have a head start of sorts.

• Like 1

I saw something I haven't seen in a long time today.  Fog forming on the slopes of hillsides with no rain falling in the mid-late afternoon.  I see this all the time when there is rain falling, but the last rain fell about 7 hours before I saw it. I think it must have been the cold air trying to rush in with ground temps that are still relatively mild. Man, the wind was stout and cold off of the plateau into Roane County this PM. 

2018-11-13_17-29-24.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A wind event is underway for parts of East TN. Camp Creek has already gusted to around 63mph, and the 00z Nam has the LLJ strengthening over the next few hours. Even though the 850 mb wind direction is south/southwest, winds closer to the surface are more of a cross barrier flow. 925mb wind direction is typically a better indication of potential downslope winds for this area. This shouldn’t be a major event, but a few hours of strong gusts are possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1