Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Is Bustin' Out All Over - Pattern and Model Discussion

HimoorWx

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Who want to bet Boston makes 90 today ? 

It's 77 there now, with a 5 kt 140 flag wobbling breeze...  It's been slowly veering around from 60 deg... then 130 now 140... next hour or so, 190 -

They’ve been in the upper 80s so if the wind flips-yes.  

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp... it did it.   It Judas-ed at the last minute so anyone bought into BD/pseudo-BD/outflow whatever ... wah wah wahhh... 

These FRH grid numbers are impressive!  Has 22 to 23 C at 850 at all three, LGA, ALB, and BOS... and the T1 is 32 to 33 C ...which typically provides a 2-meter temp 3 C over that so 35 to 36 C ... ( 95 to 97 and decimal bootleg 98s) ...

It does get Logan to 150 degrees just prior to 00z but at all of 3 to 7 kts ... it's probably confined to back-bay only... 

49 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

About Wednesday late afternoon, early eve.  I chased Hurricane Katrina.  I was in Pensocola Florida the afternoon before a few miles inland.  Bright sun, no wind,  mid to upper 90's, with a dew in the upper 70's.  Instant soaking sweat.  Walk outside from AC and its like a blast furnace hitting you.  When you get dews that high and its in the mid/upper 90's it really is unbearable.  Few people in New England have ever experienced that combo

Central Florida in mid August several times...95/75 is pretty normal.  

But yeah...can be brutal. Lots of water, shade, AC breaks.  The Mouse is brutal

56 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Welp... it did it.   It Judas-ed at the last minute so anyone bought into BD/pseudo-BD/outflow whatever ... wah wah wahhh... 

These FRH grid numbers are impressive!  Has 22 to 23 C at 850 at all three, LGA, ALB, and BOS... and the T1 is 32 to 33 C ...which typically provides a 2-meter temp 3 C over that so 35 to 36 C ... ( 95 to 97 and decimal bootleg 98s) ...

It does get Logan to 150 degrees just prior to 00z but at all of 3 to 7 kts ... it's probably confined to back-bay only... 

150 wow 

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

87/69 at MVL last ob... that's about as brutal as it gets around here and tomorrow could be a bit worse. 

Gave in and turned on the AC for the first time this year.

Nothing wrong with being comfortable if you can. 

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

150 wow 

New world heat record?

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Who want to bet Boston makes 90 today ? 

It's 77 there now, with a 5 kt 140 flag wobbling breeze...  It's been slowly veering around from 60 deg... then 130 now 140... next hour or so, 190 -

Good call.  Rocketing now.

These must have been straight phantom convective events over-arcing the ridge... I mean, there's been some there, but funny, the models model the activity, but that seems more based upon picking up on favorability rather than specific events because they are right about the activity ...but off on where and when...  May be why this ordeal with BD or whatever the hell it was for tomorrow is/was also appearing to be fantasy -

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

These must have been straight phantom convective events over-arcing the ridge... I mean, there's been some there, but funny, the models model the activity, but that seems more based upon picking up on favorability rather than specific events because they are right about the activity ...but off on where and when...  May be why this ordeal with BD or whatever the hell it was for tomorrow is/was also appearing to be fantasy -

MAV is up to 101° at FIT tomorrow. Congrats?

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Been in BWI since yesterday for tradeshow. Running the booth . Brutal dews and heat. Walked up to window at Camden Yards last night . For 30 bucks this was my seat. The place is epic. Hands down my favorite ballpark other than old Yankee Stadium 

I'm surprised the charged you anything the way that team's been playin'

NWS Taunton - per afd - they're still buckin' on a westward drive of cool pulse tomorrow.  Prooobably didn't consume the 18z runs...but the Euro 12z may have been a flag .. Because they held to advisory where I think it could get particularly nasty with heat tomorrow, metrowest...  But, I'm sure they'll upgrade(downgrade) either way, if/when necessary ... 

51 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Been in BWI since yesterday for tradeshow. Running the booth . Brutal dews and heat. Walked up to window at Camden Yards last night . For 30 bucks this was my seat. The place is epic. Hands down my favorite ballpark other than old Yankee Stadium 

jiPgDAK.jpgOoyXYTl.jpg

Love Camden 

Archived