Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Really the worst thing to come out of this is when we get bombed Monday nobody will believe the forecasts lol 

Bring it on.  FYI, this might be about 500th biggest snowfall of the past couple of decades here, but it is very high impact in this neck of the woods.

19 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

You're in a different climate up there.  Most of us in western L.I. got the shaft.  January 4th, now THAT was a storm, those were some of the heaviest rates I had seen (albeit fairly short lived) since the Boxing Day blizzard.  Today was The Flizzard of '18 for most of us in the immediate metro area. 

However, It is pretty out there even though it's only a couple of inches, will take the dog for a stroll in a bit.

My area busted today and Jan 4th, although we had more on the 4th than today. But no one in the city should have expected over ten inches in March. It's uncommon. And here we are again with living proof in real time. 

Lots of people did great with this storm. But as we know, only the Big Apple counts:) I'm not there but close enough across the river; it's in my heart. Dad worked there in the 70's, we used to love the opening credits of Barney Miller with the Twin Towers. Still miss the guy 18 years since he's gone. And he always got up to drive at 5 am even in the snow. Except in 78. he delivered hospital supplies. The people need me, he'd say. Hope everyone stays safe, branches are lethal.

1 minute ago, weatherlogix said:

anyonee with met/science training care to comment why there is so little precip to the west of the low centers so much displaced far to the north/northeast?

Excellent question, as apparently no one at the weather service could see that coming....

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived