Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend Snowfest/Rainfest/Mixed Mess?

showmethesnow

11 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

LWX sure seems to be leaning that way also.  Going with 1-2" north of I-70 in their afternoon discussion.  Though they did nudge this product up a bit with the p.m. update, it's still a WWA call.

image.thumb.png.0aa63f9a01653d7e883eb91eb84d0559.png

Over the years it's funny but they seem to react to the previous storms and bust low or high here. In December they were cautious and we had 5-6" up here. Then they went way too high the last few storms up here and got burned. Now they go conservative and we will get a 6" thump snow lol.  They have been see sawing on the wrong side for a while. I don't blame them its hard to ignore trends but it's just funny. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 18z ggem is how we can totally fail. System is weak and south. Light precip into our area and warm. There is a small area of cooled air from convective cooling south of us in central VA that might get a thump but most of our area gets light snizzle. Not worried about that right now but since someone posted the rgem. 

7 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Wow Steve D. going with really low snowfall accumulation numbers so far.

I don't know the dude and I don't want to upset him but over the years he has been way off quite a bit around here. He seems way better for NYC area but I'm not sure he knows or pays that much attention to climo down here. He never ever accounts for parrs ridge and the northern md hills for instance. And his maps often do funky thinks once southwest of Philly. Both high and low over the years. 

ETA:  he might also be lowballing since he basically cancelled winter a week ago. 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I don't know the dude and I don't want to upset him but over the years he has been way off quite a bit around here. He seems way better for NYC area but I'm not sure he knows or pays that much attention to climo down here. He never ever accounts for parrs ridge and the northern md hills for instance. And his maps often do funky thinks once southwest of Philly. Both high and low over the years. 

ETA:  he might also be lowballing since he basically cancelled winter a week ago. 

He has had his good and bad calls up here as well, no different then any other meteorologist. IMO he is low on his amounts but we will see.

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

He's more of a NY/NYC guy I think. I don't think he really forecasts for down here, but if that's the case, he would probably do well not to show our region on the map and have us color coded for some snow total if he's really not forecasting for our area.

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

He's more of a NY/NYC guy I think. I don't think he really forecasts for down here, but if that's the case, he would probably do well not to show our region on the map and have us color coded for some snow total if he's really not forecasting for our area.

He covers NY, NJ and PA, but since there are some PA and NJ people that post in here I wanted post his thoughts, not saying I agree with them though.

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Yea many do that though. I remember some of the news channels in D.C. used to have maps that went way into PA and WV but they payed no attention to what their snow map did once outsid their viewing area but I would notice and lol. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived