Newest Member
    joxey
February is upon us - pattern change is in order

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I've felt from the get-go that latitude is going to be important in this one with that RNA looming out west.....its only going to dig so far to the south.

There are going to be some have nots.....inverse shunt.

It will fall some where in New Englnd, I'm more concerned with the air mass that precedes it.

Just now, dryslot said:

It will fall some where in New Englnd, I'm more concerned with the air mass that precedes it.

Agree.

One thing to remember as we watch future runs roll out...toggle it with previous run...we want the energy in the SW to hold back...the longer it holds back, the more time the block has to build in and force this a bit further south. That is why I knew this would be better...held back significantly.

It kicks out sooner, and it will make it further north.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Agree.

One thing to remember as we watch future runs roll out...toggle it with previous run...we want the energy in the SW to hold back...the longer it holds back, the more time the block has to build in and force this a bit further south. That is why I knew this would be better...held back significantly.

It kicks out sooner, and it will make it further north.

Euro is a good example of this, It like to hold back the energy down south so that is why your seeing it with these southern solutions but typically there overdone.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Euro is a good example of this, It like to hold back the energy down south so that is why your seeing it with these southern solutions but typically there overdone.

Exactly.

Once we weed out those erroneous southern outliers, the EPS will likely get downright gnarly in short order....and it already looks good.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Exactly.

Once we weed out those erroneous southern outliers, the EPS will likely get downright gnarly in short order....and it already looks good.

I'm not biting at this point up here, I would feel better from your area to probably EWR at this point, But it will come down to the amount of cold air available at the onslaught to see all snow.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm not biting at this point up here, I would feel better from your area to probably EWR at this point, But it will come down to the amount of cold air available at the onslaught to see all snow.

What typical happens is the airmass is marginal 900 down then you get these tremendous height falls associated with rapid deepening.  This has a  blue bomb to powder feel. Interesting week coming up.

Archived