Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the same boat as I wish it was a couple degrees colder as its been pounding for the last hr at least. KBUF did mention it would seem like a spring snow as opposed to an early Feb event so kudos to them and the models did do well with the downsloping in the finger lakes, as there is barely any snow falling past Waterloo on West.

1 minute ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

It's also backbuilding quite nicely. Perhaps it can snow heavily enough to cool the column, or to drop the temp a couple degrees from the top down. Has dropped a degree in the past hr down to 33F

Agree, NWP has us on western edge of higher qpf, hopefully we can hang on...I’m down from 33 to 32 in last couple hours, maybe some dynamic cooling with higher precipitation rate?

Just now, Syrmax said:

Agree, NWP has us on western edge of higher qpf, hopefully we can hang on...I’m down from 33 to 32 in last couple hours, maybe some dynamic cooling with higher precipitation rate?

That's what I said in my last post.  Perhaps we can go isothermal throughout the column and maybe thats whats occuring cause its really pounding here and starting to stick to the pavement so.....

It’s like different worlds. Nothing but drizzle in Roc. We have lost the inch of pack we had. Green! Downsloaping killed us. 

Not sure about Weds thing. Canadian has been locked in keeping it well SE. Euro and GFS look good for 3-6”. NWS has backed off on the disco and Cranky is talking SE. 

Few more runs before I get worried. 

Archived