• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 29/30 storm threat

UlsterCountySnowZ

I’m starting this thread cause after looking at 500 on both the GFS/GGEM/EURO, I’m not buying the SLP developing that far SE...

Neg trough, strong consolidated energy rounding the axis, looking at 500 this looks like snow philly to Boston imo...the convection over the Atlantic drawing our SLP, was similar to the blizzard, although not nearly as strong or same set up verbatim, we saw the SLP trend west as the models weakened the convection and backed the flow consistent with a negative trough, I think this storm has room to come west, and we shouldn’t right it off

2jcft5l.jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I’m starting this thread cause after looking at 500 on both the GFS/GGEM/EURO, I’m not buying the SLP developing that far SE...

Neg trough, strong consolidated energy rounding the axis, looking at 500 this looks like snow philly to Boston imo...the convection over the Atlantic drawing our SLP, was similar to the blizzard, although not nearly as strong or same set up verbatim, we saw the SLP trend west as the models weakened the convection and backed the flow consistent with a negative trough, I think this storm has room to come west, and we shouldn’t right it off

2jcft5l.jpg

Euro is hinting at it moving "left" closer to the coast - - so yes let's hope we don't have to "right" it off

Almost like clockwork watching these lurch west last minute. I would definitely keep an eye out especially closer to the coast for at least a solid advisory event. The low is looking better organized and shifting west on all guidance late today and I don’t see a significant reason to call it wrong. Let’s see if it continues overnight and tomorrow. 

18 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Almost like clockwork watching these lurch west last minute. I would definitely keep an eye out especially closer to the coast for at least a solid advisory event. The low is looking better organized and shifting west on all guidance late today and I don’t see a significant reason to call it wrong. Let’s see if it continues overnight and tomorrow. 

These are happening alot this winter for some reason. The short term models are always doing better than the globals.

Archived