joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Redfield sounding Monday Evening as the band starts to head North towards Redfield! Wicked sounding

nam_2017122312_063_43.58--75.85.png

Incredible snow rates if this is anywhere near correct, seriously 5-6"/hr easy within the center of this band wherever it is at this time.

Edit: look at how the Omega values intersect the RH as well as the snow growth region!

Hmmm.. could be an interesting drive in.  Looks like weather permitting we will be pulling in between 11pm-12am.  I was hoping to beat the insane rates but that might not happen.

1 minute ago, DeltaT13 said:

What is odd is that the Euro was doing well with this storm about 4-5 days out, now it loses it at the end.  The GFS had virtually no storm at 4-5 days out but now it seems locked in and the Euro is the outlier. 

I hope, since it got a good amount of data with this mornings 12Z suite versus last nights 00Z, so maybe it has caught something that both the GFS and the NAM are missing? I don't buy it yet until I see tonight's 00Z run and if it shows the sale then ill raise an eyebrow but as of right now, I'm sticking to 6-10" area wide with enhanced precip to the S&SE of the lake until winds veer late in the evening!

55 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The snow falling is definitely not “fake snow” @Syrmax 

Shout out to your sig.

Has to be 1:10 stuff maybe less. 

Ha Ha! I was wondering when someone would pick up on that. ;) I can't help being a smartass.  Although, my real purpose is to keep track of how much snow we get in a season that's lake effect or synoptic, out of curiosity. I did it many years ago but I think I killed off the brain cells I had that info stored cuz I forget!

Changing to snow here right now...still 32 or 33 degrees.

5 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

What is odd is that the Euro was doing well with this storm about 4-5 days out, now it loses it at the end.  The GFS had virtually no storm at 4-5 days out but now it seems locked in and the Euro is the outlier. 

I hope, since it got a good amount of data with this mornings 12Z suite versus last nights 00Z, so maybe it has caught something that both the GFS and the NAM are missing? I don't buy it yet until I see tonight's 00Z run and if it shows the sale then ill raise an eyebrow but as of right now, I'm sticking to 6-10" area wide with enhanced precip to the S&SE of the lake until winds veer late in the evening!

33 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

unless there are other OSU MEt alumni that frequent this forum but I doubt it.  Ballentine retired I believe but not certain and steiger took over.

I'm a Met alum...remember Ballentine well. Can't believe Stamm is still there! Chermak was the 3rd prof.

3 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

I was curious, but stamm is still there listed as a prof in the directory.  Skubis is now department chair, he was my faculty advisor.  Chermak retired right before I got there in 2003 I believe. 

Thats nuts if Stamm is still there, lol!  I attended with you in 2005-2006 I believe, but not entirely sure! How is Metcalf doing?

Archived