Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 9th 2017 Crusha or brusha?

WeatherFeen2000

6 minutes ago, uncle W said:

2003 had two waves...the first one dropped 8" and the second 6"...it stopped for a few hours overnight on the 5th...14" total...that was long gone by Christmas...

Remember that well- the first wave was better for us here with the mix line like 5 miles south of here the entire time lol.  The second day, the heavier snow was to our east.  Farmingdale did well with 19" the jackpot, although some outlier in the Bronx measured 26" and got mocked on the boards lol.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yes, also fell on Santacon that year, I was and will be once again a drunken Yeti; talk about perfect timing. Heres a peek of Washington Square park.

Screenshot_20171207-193846.png

Don't do that in NJ during hunting season, some crazy trigger-happy dude is likely to make you his target- even if it's Santacon lol.

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

GEFS at 18z looks to have 0.75 or more for Long Island/coastal NJ and 0.5” to just NW of the City. Maybe enough for watches tomorrow? 

If QPF keeps ticking up, it's possible I guess, although they would probably wait till the evening and go to a warning. Seeing how it's a Saturday storm they probably wouldn't go WSW without being sure of reaching criteria IMO. 

6 minutes ago, tim said:

..even with your words of wisdom..this coastie always worries.

I’m not that worried since northerly flow will keep cold air coming from the CT and Hudson Valley, and the mid level warmth should stay out at sea, maybe reach the twin forks if this really keeps going west. 

Like I said earlier, some fairly minor adjustments aloft made for a more robust system that has snow reaching well west of the city now. 

14 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

Tommy still not liking it? I think NYC is good for 2/4 here more on the island

56  ....not just yet

but hey let the trackers  have fun with it

I was the first to get that memo!!!!! ;)

( the pendulum may swing---- lets see)      

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=19#

mix line guidance reminder

come the Nowcast  time frame

spc.PNG.0a12c42f0e8d7f608c08b9782dbe011e.PNG

Archived