Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

2 hours ago, MUWX said:

Canadian goes..... poof.... with the entire system 

Yep and tulsa updated stuff for here, pretty much non existent now...story of our lives lol. Can we go season number 6 without a decent winter, sure lol. You would think by now we would all be use to this nonsense haha. Got teased in late october by that halloween surprise dusting on the trashcan lid LOL

10 hours ago, JoMo said:

12z Euro did shift back south a bit. Looks more like a rain/freezing drizzle/flurries situation around my area. 

EDIT: Long range looks incredibly boring and warm as Pacific air floods the US. 

Jomo, what is interesting to me is that the ao and nao are turning negative but we will be warm. I know the Pacific is going to be unfavorable. HM said that the reason for the warm pattern advertised is because with the IOD weakening, there will be a lag effect before things get good later. Not sure if he is right or not. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Kevin said:

Jomo, what is interesting to me is that the ao and nao are turning negative but we will be warm. I know the Pacific is going to be unfavorable. HM said that the reason for the warm pattern advertised is because with the IOD weakening, there will be a lag effect before things get good later. Not sure if he is right or not. 

Yeah the Pacific screws things up. It doesn't look like something that's going to stick around all winter though. 

Edit: I find it funny that all the "experts" are usually wrong. I remember when "experts" were talking about how cold it was going to be the 2nd half of Dec, whoops that didn't happen. I remember when "experts" were talking about the PV breaking down, whoops that didn't happen. It's just the same old thing based on what the models are showing at the time. Nobody really has any idea outside of a week ahead of time, including sophisticated super computers.

55 minutes ago, JoMo said:

Yeah the Pacific screws things up. It doesn't look like something that's going to stick around all winter though. 

Edit: I find it funny that all the "experts" are usually wrong. I remember when "experts" were talking about how cold it was going to be the 2nd half of Dec, whoops that didn't happen. I remember when "experts" were talking about the PV breaking down, whoops that didn't happen. It's just the same old thing based on what the models are showing at the time. Nobody really has any idea outside of a week ahead of time, including sophisticated super computers.

Jomo, i don't know what we need to take place for things to look better in the future. Maybe it's not that simple.There are tons of wishcasters out there to get attention, which i guess you have to do if you own a company online for talking about the weather and other things to get clients. I just dont want to be chasing unicorns all winter this winter. 

10 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

No kidding, this warm crap weather def. takes away holiday mood for me lol. Oh well what can we do, move north lol...hope your doing well JoMo?

It's a beautiful day here today. 32 degrees with patchy drizzle. Getting ready for the Army/Navy game. Looks like it's 40 there with drizzle. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lokee said:

Latest Nam run has ice storm in Eastern Oklahoma around 6am 

ref1km_ptype.us_sc.png

Not sure I’d call it an ice storm but the nam and the HRRR are fairly aggressive with things tomorrow. Nam much more so than the hrrr but still decent hits 

1 hour ago, JoMo said:

Wtf is with all the frozen precip suddenly showing up in models?? I stop watching it and wtf

What I was saying earlier, tulsa was talking about frozen stuff possibly. Who the hell knows lol, the non stop changes keep rolling...we have some odd weather out here that never ceases to amaze me. Looks to get very balmy by end week blah, probly have another xmas here at 60 degrees haha