Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MO/KS/AR/OK 2019-2020 Winter Wonderland Discussion

JoMo

2 minutes ago, The Waterboy said:

18z GFS with the swing and a miss.  

GFS is jumping around a lot it seems. I am going to side with the Euro until I see a reason not to. Partly because it has me getting a snow storm.... party because it has been pretty consistent. 

If you're in the camp of "throw out the 06Z and 18Z runs" because they use old upper air data but new surface data, then those two runs provide the more northern solution, whereas the 12Z with the most complete data shows a more southern track. If the 00Z GFS tonight goes south again like the 12Z did, then I'll be inclined to believe the more consistent Euro knows what is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StormChazer said:

If you're in the camp of "throw out the 06Z and 18Z runs" because they use old upper air data but new surface data, then those two runs provide the more northern solution, whereas the 12Z with the most complete data shows a more southern track. If the 00Z GFS tonight goes south again like the 12Z did, then I'll be inclined to believe the more consistent Euro knows what is going on.

Some good discussion over in the lake region forum about the differences between the two. They all seem to favor the euro 

I should specify that the in between runs only go out 90 hours and up to hour 90, the snowfall was actually going more south before the run ends, it’s only with the control run that you can look further that shows the snow, but it’s the control, not the OP. Members do show some runs going more north but virtually the same amount of heavier snows in our area. 

North trend seems pretty evident at this point. I would guess there is going to be a sharp cut off on the south side, so the north trend is concerning. Still plenty of time to watch. I still favor somewhere between I44 and I70 as the sweet spot

31 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Darn not sure what is going on with this but tulsa has all kinds of snow and sleet in the forecast for here. Looks like after midnight on saturday all the way into after midnight Monday possibly. Not sure what they are seeing? lol...wishful thinking maybe who knows haha

Noticed that for springfield as well. We shall see. I still think the models have at least one more adjustment in them once this thing gets sampled. I think that is supposed to happen tomorrow or saturday morning. 

Anyone else remember December 2018 when TV meteorologist in Oklahoma were predicting snowmageddon based on early model runs before sampling took place? It ended up being a major snow forecast bust. Anyway, this possible event early next week makes my mind go back to that previous time. Now no one has been forecasting any big snow amounts, except maybe Mike in OKC. I so much want a good snow! I have been watching the GFS/EURO daily, and it looks as if my area may end up with a cold rain to start, followed by a wintry mix, and then the dry slot; freezing drizzle. Hope things change between now and the event.