Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017-2018 Fall/Winter Banter, Whining, Complaining Thread

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I have almost 30,000 posts.  Like omg.  Still about 4x less than the leading poster though lol

I almost never visit the other subforums, so I have no idea who you are talking about, but you are obviously the most prolific here. lol Fortunately, you know what you're talking about and post valid meteorological information , unlike the crap I post.

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah, craziest storm ever. No power for 2 weeks lost almost all of our trees. Ski country here gets on average 1 LES storm every late October. Much rarer in the city though. 

One of my favorite events.

Had Thundersnow squalls with 50 MPH wind gusts here, despite temps in the low 40s and sun mixing in.

42 minutes ago, Powerball said:

One of my favorite events.

Had Thundersnow squalls with 50 MPH wind gusts here, despite temps in the low 40s and sun mixing in.

Yeah we had constant thundersnow all night with power lines blowing up all over. The city is just not starting to recover as estimates of 60-70% of all trees were damaged or destroyed.

1 hour ago, rainsucks said:

Obviously 100 degree temps in mid October are unheard of for pretty much every area in this subforum. My point is that it's silly that the GFS magically flips the switch to a cold pattern in the extended when there's absolutely zero support for that.

The Euro ENS are actually colder than the GEFS which show average/above average across our sub-forum in mid October. If this comes to fruition Bo will have his first snowfall in a little over 2 weeks.

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_11.png

1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Pretty cool to follow, don't think I've ever followed a potential Volcanic eruption before. I love tracking all sorts of weather and looks like the tropics might heat up again the next few weeks although the storms look to be much weaker then the last few. 

How much ash for my backyard?  j/k

Will be interesting to see what happens if there is a substantial eruption.  My understanding is that any impact on the climate would take many months to become noticeable.

Just now, Hoosier said:

How much ash for my backyard?  j/k

Will be interesting to see what happens if there is a substantial eruption.  My understanding is that any impact on the climate would take many months to become noticeable.

:lol: Yeah, having researched the last large eruption it seems the global temps cooled by less then half a degree Celsius or so? That would be quite the change from the well above normal global temps that we've been having year after year. 

20 minutes ago, rainsucks said:

It won't verify. 

Okay I think we get the point that you want no cold ever, but you can't just keep saying it won't ever happen. You said the same thing about right now that we wouldn't cool down and it is 55 right now. It is getting a bit tiring to read and hell I like warm weather just as much as the next guy

5 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Okay I think we get the point that you want no cold ever, but you can't just keep saying it won't ever happen. You said the same thing about right now that we wouldn't cool down and it is 55 right now. It is getting a bit tiring to read and hell I like warm weather just as much as the next guy

If he isn't 5 post material, no one is.

1 hour ago, weatherbo said:

If he isn't 5 post material, no one is.

Agree. No actual context, just warm trolling. Always says warm regardless. August was supposed to be a torch. September cool start was to be a mirage. Late September torch was more like the old broken clock analogy than actually something he legit saw coming lol.

3 hours ago, Stebo said:

55 degrees in the middle of the night isn't cold for late September lol. Also, when did I say it wouldn't cool down?

1 minute ago, rainsucks said:

It was a cool down, sure. But hell even my area almost got down in the 50s at night during the warm stretch.... I don't care about nighttime temps anyway lol.

Either way your trolling isn't going to last very long, add substance or hit the trail, we don't need any useless trolling here.

Archived