Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2017 Banter Thread

dmillz25

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I'm surprised my post that I just reposted above got deleted from the July thread. It has some valid points I just think the moderators don't appreciate their hobbies as much as I do.

Well, I think it's in part because the MAM isn't a hi-res model.  Consider an upgrade Feen, especially since we're getting deeper into the tropical season.

On 7/8/2017 at 1:19 PM, JerseyWx said:

Well, I think it's in part because the MAM isn't a hi-res model.  Consider an upgrade Feen, especially since we're getting deeper into the tropical season.

Nobody will take me serious. When I own a big company that's worth millions they're still not going to take me serious. I guess I got that immature aura

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

You didn't miss anything, I saw it was declared a bust early yesterday morning, nothing to see here

Saw plenty of tropical downpours the last 2 weeks down here with some amazing cloud structures and even a waterspout off Haiti last week. Wish I had my camera at the time.

7 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

MAM is depicting the winter of 2017-18 will end up being colder than normal but it'll be very very dry. Once late February hits we will get a huge snowstorm 40 inch snowstorm for the area.

Edit: 45 inches of snow for Central Park for the next winter. March melts it all quick and it's game over for snow.

59 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

All I know is that the winter of 2017-18 will end up being colder than normal but it'll be very very dry. Once late February hits we will get a huge snowstorm 40 inch snowstorm for NYC!

You're thinking too far ahead Feenster.  Enjoy the Summer!

In my opinion the jet stream is influenced by water temperatures but also how much day light you're losing during the summer or gaining during spring. Spring time generally speaking the jet stream will head north. During the summer it will head south, especially almost in the middle of summer. It's a fact that as soon as summer rolls we begin losing sunlight. The point is the summer peaked but it just depends were that heat sets up and it depends on the water temperatures. During this time of the yea the jet stream should be generally scooting south.

1 minute ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

In my opinion the jet stream is influenced by water temperatures but also how much day light you're losing during the summer or gaining during spring. Spring time generally speaking the jet stream will head north. During the summer it will head south, especially almost in the middle of summer. It's a fact that as soon as summer rolls we begin losing sunlight. The point is the summer peaked but it just depends were that heat sets up and it depends on the water temperatures. During this time of the yea the jet stream should be generally scooting south.

Stop. And try again. 

Archived