Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Obs/Disco Thread

George BM

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Been training rain here for a while. 

Heard thunder earlier. .loOKs like the persistent band is finally almost over. Got an outside party to go to sooo..

Moved 5 scoops of mulch in the rain.  Doing yard work for 6 hours in the rain is tiresome.   We are saturated though, it took only 20 min or so for everything to turn into a lake.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping all the scattered stuff way west and south stay there. First semi nice day in a while and we've got friends coming over. Mr Map has ribs in the smoker, don't wanna ruin dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Made a trip down to Calvert Brewery in Upper Marlboro and it's pouring here. Nice and dry inside.

Moderate rain here for the last hour.

What do they got thats good?

I am deviating from my stouts and porters and drinking a FD Raging Biitch. On my second actually.

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You likely wont be asking this in a couple weeks. :P 

Right, I get that summer is hot. We are gonna leap straight to that without, again, the period of a decent transition. It has been cool, gray and wet for a long time now and we have lost valuable weeks of potential good weather. Today cratered hard and now tomorrow looks iffy too. This is kinda sub-optimal. 

Ended up with 0.98" of rain with this latest event. Amounts over a half inch were pretty isolated but my area was one place that got soaked.

7.93" for the month now. Of course come July I wont be able to buy a raindrop and the grass will be turning to thatch.

8 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Right, I get that summer is hot. We are gonna leap straight to that without, again, the period of a decent transition. It has been cool, gray and wet for a long time now and we have lost valuable weeks of potential good weather. Today cratered hard and now tomorrow looks iffy too. This is kinda sub-optimal. 

Its been a wet period overall, but there have been some really nice days mixed in as well. This week looks to feature some nice weather with lesser chances of rain, even though the beginning of the week may still end up with more clouds than sun.  No sign of any uncomfortable heat over the next 7 days or so.

15 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Moderate rain here for the last hour.

What do they got thats good?

I am deviating from my stouts and porters and drinking a FD Raging Biitch. On my second actually.

All the rain in the area yesterday and all I recorded was .01".  Two days of neglible rain and I need to water all the new plants we put in a couple of weeks ago.

The Calvert Brewery location that we went to is a cool place but nothing remarkable in the brewery / tasting room design. It's a typical large glass front unit located in a commercial area right off of 301 near 214 near Upper Marlboro. I enjoyed their beers and am a fan of their cream ale during the summer, especially with crabs. In total, they have 8 beers on draft including a wine-barrel porter that was pretty darn good, especially on a chilly, rainy day!

For my girlfriend and me, it was perfect because we got two flights and were able to sample all eight brews. We also like the Cerveza. No doubt that I'd stop in again if I was down that way.

IMG_0720.thumb.JPG.68467e1c6bced1bc921b5cb0ae20644c.JPG

13 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

That's amazing on what you are saying for rain, NW, we have standing water in my neighborhood and we are about 10 miles apart. 

Yeah, we missed the last two days, but don't get me wrong. We have about 6.5" for the month so things are wet, as my sump pump can attest, but newly planted shrubs, flowers, tree, and sod, want more. 

By the way, if you have standing water and have the room, a clumping river birch tree would eliminate the problem.

26 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

All the rain in the area yesterday and all I recorded was .01".  Two days of neglible rain and I need to water all the new plants we put in a couple of weeks ago.

The Calvert Brewery location that we went to is a cool place but nothing remarkable in the brewery / tasting room design. It's a typical large glass front unit located in a commercial area right off of 301 near 214 near Upper Marlboro. I enjoyed their beers and am a fan of their cream ale during the summer, especially with crabs. In total, they have 8 beers on draft including a wine-barrel porter that was pretty darn good, especially on a chilly, rainy day!

For my girlfriend and me, it was perfect because we got two flights and were able to sample all eight brews. We also like the Cerveza. No doubt that I'd stop in again if I was down that way.

Sounds like a nice time.

I have had the Wye Rye several times and enjoyed it.

36 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I don't want uncomfortable heat - I would have like some dry sunny days in the upper 70s / low 80s in may and we really haven't had that and the 10 day forecast I am looking at looks very wet and very cool. Very. I don't know what you are seeing.

I am looking at my forecast duh.

lol you sure do complain a lot. There have been plenty of decent/nice days over the past couple weeks. I have been working on my deck and have easily gotten things done in between the rainy days. Last wed was a super nice day, Friday was perfect, most of Saturday was rain free (at least here), and it was partly sunny and warm here yesterday until around 2pm.

Had .02 Sat and .05 from yesterday mornings shower. Thats it. Plenty wet from 8 inches so far this month. But hardly a rainy weekend in my hood. There have been a fair amount of nice days mixed in with the rain events IMO. NPZ has been quiet so you know things have been cool/wet. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived