• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late April-Early May Heavy Rain/Severe Possibilities

3 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

I'm shocked no one is talking about the severe chances here. Pretty good instability building in ahead of the shear in west Ohio.

Crazy weather here currently as well 53° at my house in Perrysburg, 78° 30 miles south of here in Findlay

Am watching the situation along with you.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little pocket of instability in central Illinois moving into Indiana, possibly associated with a small cold pool aloft.  Some decent shear and cape associated with it.  Will make for good sleeping weather with some late night/early morning rumbles and wind but wouldn't be surprised to see a severe cell popup. :lol:

Flooding impacts are beginning to peak in Missouri and particularly the St. Louis area. 80 miles of I-44 are now closed in Missouri. I-55 will be closing later tonight as the Meramec River crests at or near records set in December 2015.

13 minutes ago, Central Illinois said:

The dates on this should probably be extended as the same areas that got hit last weekend will be getting another 2-4" tomorrow into Thursday.

Usually don't have storm threads running for a week or longer, but ok.  Might need a longer term flooding thread at some point if the wet pattern continues.

3 hours ago, Hoosier said:

18z GFS has over 1.5" here while the 18z NAM is a complete whiff.  Sharp northern gradient will likely set up somewhere in Chicago metro.  18z RGEM does not support the NAM so I am skeptical of the complete miss.

NAM is the only one like that, the Euro is also in line with the GFS.

My neighbor just to my ne told me he had almost 5 inches of rain in his gauge from storms over this past weekend.  Now I might get around 3 inches more with the Thursday/Friday system.  Flash flood watch out and flood warnings on rivers.  I have never seen local streams so high in the 3 years I've lived in this area as I have the past few days. Only question is if that MCS deluge over southern LA might rob us of some of the moisture.

2 hours ago, jbenedet said:

What are your guys thoughts on the crops in those areas? Seems like a pretty severe setup with the flooding potential short term and then widespread frost/freeze issues on Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning.

Here in central Indiana, if anything is lost due to standing water, plenty of time left to re-plant. Heck we are still within the window for first plant so re-doing parts of a field would be no problem. Other than cutting into the profit margin of course.

As far as the cool temps, just calling for scattered frost here. Since it is mostly corn that is in so far it should not be much of a problem at all. These modern varieties are plenty stout and can handle scattered mild frost. Now beans would be a whole different call but there are not many beans out yet.

6 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

From KIND discussion lmao...

SHORT TERM /Tonight through Saturday Night/...
Issued at 214 AM EDT Thu May 4 2017

Change little through Friday the weather will.

Through Friday...

I posted the discussion in the banter thread. The whole discussion is like that. I signed it "Yoda"

Archived