Welcome to American Weather
Violentweatherfan

March 13-14 Storm

880 posts in this topic

You guys feeling any better? These are normal fluctuations and wobbles we see with all of these dynamic type systems.

Im going to take a really close look at 6z and 12z tomorrow then will make my all-in or all-out decision mid afternoon and make a more definitive snowfall forecast for my neck of the woods.

Not staying up for Euro. See you guys in the AM.

2 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Kuchera was on drugs when he created that slop.  

I don’t mean to be a troll but I have been drinking heavily and I think I want to marry Kuchera.

5 minutes ago, I Like Snow said:

I don’t mean to be a troll but I have been drinking heavily and I think I want to marry Kuchera.

Then you'll have to endure a lifetime of listening to why that method is the best.  "Well, you see, thermal profiles..."  Just shut up and give me 10 to 1!  

Ok, time to grab another beer and stop posting.  

21 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ukmet is right in line with other guidance that are good hits for the region. G'nite.

You'll be back...lol.

1 minute ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Wow, now I see why the MA forum is bumbed 

Yeah I dont think we have seen the last of the nail biting yet either, Tomorrow should be an interesting day and night  

9 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Yeah I dont think we have seen the last of the nail biting yet either, Tomorrow should be an interesting day and night  

Yeah,  I was just about to post this.  This isn't set in stone yet, getting close though and if we get through tomorrow without any major hiccups we should have a day off Tuesday.... Except you. 

5 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Yeah,  I was just about to post this.  This isn't set in stone yet, getting close though and if we get through tomorrow without any major hiccups we should have a day off Tuesday.... Expect you. 

True. Encouraged by tonight, but models could still have big swings. It is looking good for at least a 6"+ storm though for our region.

6 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

True. Encouraged by tonight, but models could still have big swings. It is looking good for at least a 6"+ storm though for our region.

I saw 10m wind speed map in the NE forum, ridiculous. The cut off of the map and frame didn't permit me to see PA/CNJ, but it's got to be impressive. 

In Mt Holly's AFD this morning they brought up the possibility of this being a two part storm and a substance zone setting up to the east near the coast. The Far N&W probably snow the entire storm where Places East actually stop snowing for a few hours. 

12 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

OT but has anyone been looking at the longer range? Specifically the Euro for next Sunday Monday Tuesday?

Euro has another coastal stall off the coast and drop 6"+ around city N&E.  2 vorts phase with serious negative tilt and eventually stacked cutoff.  

Nothing like waking up to the good news today. 24 more hours and I'm gonna be pretty much all in for a MECS. 

Right now my disappointmwnt bar is around 7-8" still