joxey
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

East up slope

There wasn't much deeper low level east flow in this during the WAA stage...it was pretty calm. But there was prob some minor upslope in Berks.

NW MA and S VT were in a pretty good spot WRT mid-levels on the WAA thump...the dryslot was more robust to the east of them and they were able to prolong the steady snows a bit better which likely netted them an extra 2-5" vs areas like N ORH county and Middlesex county at the same latitude.

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Yes, I must eat crow. But I really didn't think we'd pick  up more than 1-2" this morning when I left for work. I was driving towards PWM and the sun was trying to come out. Still coming down good now.

I mean the forcing was modeled to be there, we just got that weird subby screw zone between the intense deformation and the higher level stuff. It finally did fill back in and consolidate.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

NWS has been reduced to the old days of hand charts and phoned in obs. AWIPS outage nationwide. 

The only thing we're sending is our radar data, and the only thing we're receiving is our own radar data (not neighbors). 

:axe:

Realize this is OT, mods can move... but does that affect the radar.gov imagery also? 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

nope, down on the web

1 minute ago, radarman said:

Realize this is OT, mods can move... but does that affect the radar.gov imagery also? 

Ah, the web may be a different story since we're sending the data to our pages. Level II data is working as far as I can tell, so through 3rd parties like RadarScope and GR you should see data in real time. 

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Ah, the web may be a different story since we're sending the data to our pages. Level II data is working as far as I can tell, so through 3rd parties like RadarScope and GR you should see data in real time. 

yes my radarscope is working just checked, thanks as the internetzweb thingy isn't

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Some certainly do find the tallest drift, but we'll cull those bad reports when we start making the final map. They stick out when you view it that way.

Yeah that's cool. I never knew how it was determined whether a report makes it to the PNS or not. 

Archived