Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, vortmax said:

GFS goes nuts:snku_acc.us_ne.png

That map looks perfect to me.....the localized bullseye in NW Delaware County is my backyard.  Keeping a closer eye on this.  It sure seems like we are overdue, but I have been saying that for the last 20 "potential" storms at 3-4 days out so we'll see. 

29 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I Wished the euro looked like that :axe: Hard to be on board without the euro.. Kinda 2 camps right now Gfs/U.K. Vs euro/Canadian..

What a depressing track for upstate on the 12z euro while SNE weenies get buried with feets of snow..:fulltilt:

I Wished the euro looked like that :axe: Hard to be on board without the euro.. Kinda 2 camps right now Gfs/U.K. Vs euro/Canadian..

The EURO is nothing compared to what it was before the latest upgrade so.... the GGEM, lol, absolute joke. The Nam isn't even in range yet but at 84 it looks great! What does the Euro even show? I mean we're 3 days out so they can't be that far off from one another but what do I know. If the GFS track comes to fruition we would get absolutely buried, seriously! The synoptic wrap around combined with LE looks super impressive as well. I can't get too excited though until tomorrow night!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I was doing great before I saw all the hype but I should of known we were still 5 days out. We don't get lucky and **** doesn't trend our way. I've been saying for yrs that we are in a horrible spot for synoptic blockbusters and I feel it even more so now!

My RANT is done, peace ppl!

Whatever to KBUF'S take. Climatology favors the GGEM and EURO??? The SW responsible for cyclo genesis doesn't come ashore till tomorrow afternoon but I would think the gulf of Alaska would have sufficient data to formulate a forecast but IDK. Also, with respect to the Ensemble package, 2 scenarios had us at a total miss and the rest were solid 12+ scenarios and if the GFS, this close in, does a complete 180 with both the GFS and the GEFS, then I would think there's a serious problem with the GFS. I mean the GEFS were really tightly clustered, NO? Tonight's suite should answer a few questions. Either the EURO-GGEM start to trend towards the GFS-UKMET or the other way around. Only 2 possibilities exist this close to game time IWT, but that's just my crazy thinking, lol! One thing I do know, for sure, is that it's going to get absolutely frigid!

I love this setup. The second low point over Ohio Valley is gonna pull this west. Nam looks totally amped and would've shown main low running just inland to coast. This looks to be a blockbuster storm for all of upstate NY. 

It has blocking, it has cold, it has a double or triple phase! It rarely gets better. Lakes are warm. Damn! Let the fun begin. 

I do wish the euro was on board. It'll be great to watch. 

At this point, sweet spot appears to be I81. But further west is possible. I don't see this going flat or OTS. 

3 hours ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

The EURO is nothing compared to what it was before the latest upgrade so.... the GGEM, lol, absolute joke. The Nam isn't even in range yet but at 84 it looks great! What does the Euro even show? I mean we're 3 days out so they can't be that far off from one another but what do I know. If the GFS track comes to fruition we would get absolutely buried, seriously! The synoptic wrap around combined with LE looks super impressive as well. I can't get too excited though until tomorrow night!

The NAM is obviously outside its wheel house, but suffice to say it is clearly in the GFS/UK camp based on the DGEX which is an extrapolation of the NAM. One thing for sure, there is going to be tremendous moisture inflow off the Atlantic. This and other models have that classic comma head look to it. Someone is getting buried with this one, just hope its us and not SNE.

f096.gif

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'll be missing this storm. But don't worry about me. I'll be here. Keep me updated through this thread though, I'll be checking in! Hopefully going to swim with some whale sharks in the gulf as well! =)

uExVljr.jpg

I was just in Jamaica for 5 days at an all inclusive resort....amazing!!  Hope you enjoy the **** out of your time there!  We'll measure the snow for you! :)

Tonight's model run will for sure cluster a bit better. I could care less about the GGEM seriously. It's good for cold and nothing else, now when we get into the rgem's world then it's a different story, especially if it mimics the Euro! One suite has to cave and I think it's gonna be the EURO IMHO!

I love this setup. The second low point over Ohio Valley is gonna pull this west. Nam looks totally amped and would've shown main low running just inland to coast. This looks to be a blockbuster storm for all of upstate NY. 

It has blocking, it has cold, it has a double or triple phase! It rarely gets better. Lakes are warm. Damn! Let the fun begin. 

I do wish the euro was on board. It'll be great to watch. 

At this point, sweet spot appears to be I81. But further west is possible. I don't see this going flat or OTS. 

Good post Dave!

21 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Tonight's model run will for sure cluster a bit better. I could care less about the GGEM seriously. It's good for cold and nothing else, now when we get into the rgem's world then it's a different story, especially if it mimics the Euro! One suite has to cave and I think it's gonna be the EURO IMHO!

The Euro ain't cavin! Mark my words. This bad boys going east. PVD, HFD, ORH, BOS special... what else is new? Maybe some lighter stuff out towards you with some super cold temps and wrap around moisture at least the lakes should help whiten the ground all across the south shore. WNY will be lucky to see more than a few passing snow squalls. 

Archived