Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any enthusiasm for next Tuesday's storm in central NY........or do we just give up and move to Connecticut or Boston where they have real snowstorms?

The last 5 years have been one disappointment after another here for synoptic systems.

I think we move east where there is at least one Blizzard warning a yr, unlike us, as I believe ttkit's been since 93'. Wait, I may be wrong as KBGM prolly kept it as a WSW.

What does Tuesday look like as I haven't looked at models In ova a week so.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, cny rider said:

Any enthusiasm for next Tuesday's storm in central NY........or do we just give up and move to Connecticut or Boston where they have real snowstorms?

The last 5 years have been one disappointment after another here for synoptic systems.

I don't think so. Almost all Ensembles show a NYC/Boston hit. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I don't think so. Almost all Ensembles show a NYC/Boston hit. 

Kill this garbage winter and bring on a warm spring. I have run my snowblower ONCE since early Feb 2016.
Dreading a nino winter in 17-18. Since this winter is sure to be under 55" at BUF, let's see if next winter brings us the fifth terrible winter in the last 7 years.

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

You don't see an outage map like this very often....and nearly 18 hours after the event!

RGE outage map.png

Did you see this??

Officials say the winds at routes 20A and 77 have been clocked at 102 mph 

There are reports of multiple tractor trailers rolled off the roadway on. Route 77 both north and south of Route 20A.

Offcials say Route 77 north of 20A has been shut down to remove the semi from the road.

Emergency responders have been assisting residents throughout the county with downed trees and the like. 

UPDATE 3:05p.m.: Traffic on Clinton Street through Cowlesville is being diverted due to power lines down in the roadways. NYSEG is on the scene. 

UPDATE 3:15 p.m.  A tree is down in the road on Route 354 just east of Route 77 in Bennington.

UPDATE 3:42 p.m.: The Village of Attica is reporting widespread power outages as well as roads being blocked by fallen trees and power lines.

UPDATE 4:18 p.m.: The tree has been removed from the roadway on Route 354 in Bennington.

UPDATE 6:25 p.m.: Authorities report Route 77 has been reopened to traffic, the scene has been cleared. However, the light at routes 20A and 77 is still not functioning.

Nice post Delta!

Power is out at my house in Irondequoit. Not a fan of wind. That's all. It bores and kinda makes me anxious. Tuesday looks super interesting. This thing will trend stronger and west! 

It was an epic wind storm. Main roads still closed with power lines down in my area. Ugh.

Some of this falls prior to start of the storm, but with this track and solution, it snows for 48+ hours between synoptic and enhanced wrap-around, so have to go with the total accumulation of the run through 12z Thursday. I would sign for 50 cents on the dollar right now...

GFS.png

1 hour ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Is there any semblance of this system trying to come a bit further west then it has been the past couple days?

I think there is still a decent chance it develops further West.  The GFS has really jumped around with its phasing, but the parent storm is only just now getting near the West Coast so pretty soon we will have much better sampling of this system.  I'm staying optimistic on this one for now.  I like the look of the 0z GFS run.

Archived