Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

The Euro ain't cavin! Mark my words

. This bad boys going east. PVD, HFD, ORH, BOS special... what else is new? Maybe some lighter stuff out towards you with some super cold temps and wrap around moisture at least the lakes should help whiten the ground all across the south shore. WNY will be lucky to see more than a few passing snow squalls. 

I just did, lol!

9 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Glad I don't live out your way, lol, cause its gonna snow here in the cuse for days and days!

Your quite optimistic, hope your right. As much as it sucks to be in a snow drought here, I don't wish the unfortunate luck we have here on anyone, so hope you do cash in! 

8 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I just did, lol!

Good cause I'd bet by 3am in the morning you'll be wishing you never bet against the Euro! Lol

Good cause I'd bet by 3am in the morning you'll be wishing you never bet against the Euro! Lol

I'll be dreaming at 3am, lol, and I don't think models are going either way as they will hold serve until tomorrow 18z after the SW enters the WC! We'll see but reverse psychology doesn't work with the weather, lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I know we've been starved for synoptic events...and emotions are interfering with logic.  So "throwing out" or "tossing" models here and there becomes sensible the more we invest emotions.

The storm is 4 days out...several pieces of energy to make (or break) the storm are (as usual for these type storms) still in la la land for data assimilation into the models...and that is what this boils down to.

So any model right now, still could be close to verification... or new solutions that we haven't seen yet could "pop up"..we just have to wait...that's all...

3 minutes ago, tim123 said:

It's farther west till delmarva. Then same a bit east from earlier. So maybe just noise. But I have learned with phases like this may be bet on west.

Anyone west of ROCH just stop watching models now.  Seriously. It's not snowing in WNY this winter. It's just not. Good luck on this one ROCH points east. Hope you get a foot plus that melts within a week. 

UKIE looks to be over the New England BM...hard to tell with their graphics.  Either way, well East of 12z.  GFS is really on its own right now...unless you want to count the NAM as far as it reaches.  I'm not overly hopefully even here in far ENY for much, but still lots of time. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Anyone west of ROCH just stop watching models now.  Seriously. It's not snowing in WNY this winter. It's just not. Good luck on this one ROCH points east. Hope you get a foot plus that melts within a week. 

I'd say about 2 weeks, lol, since this cold has some staying power but even though it's cold, the Sun will still be doing it's job.  A lot of melting and re-freezing going to be happening next couple weeks, lol.  What would really be funny is if we had the snowiest Month of the season be March behind November, lol.  This is why weather is so amazing to me.  If you were to tell me in July of 16 that our 2 snowiest months will be March and November, I would of laughed in your face, lol!

At this point I don't care where she tracks as we can have an extended LE-LES event with ample moisture, fresh batch of Nunavut Air and a nice fetch so all in all, we snow either way its only the total that matters at this point and its for pretty much the whole ares, not just the Eastern end of the LO. but everyone has their preference of the weather they prefer.

8 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

I'd say about 2 weeks, lol, since this cold has some staying power but even though it's cold, the Sun will still be doing it's job.  A lot of melting and re-freezing going to be happening next couple weeks, lol.  What would really be funny is if we had the snowiest Month of the season be March behind November, lol.  This is why weather is so amazing to me.  If you were to tell me in July of 16 that our 2 snowiest months will be March and November, I would of laughed in your face, lol!

Maybe for you in CNY. WNY will get an inch tops and look forward to spring. Good luck. 

10 minutes ago, Stash said:

UKIE looks to be over the New England BM...hard to tell with their graphics.  Either way, well East of 12z.  GFS is really on its own right now...unless you want to count the NAM as far as it reaches.  I'm not overly hopefully even here in far ENY for much, but still lots of time. 

If she goes from the delmarva to NYC then cuts NE toward the BM, will will get hit and the way this trough is positioned there will be ample amounts of ATL moisture thrown back West pretty far I'd imagine but we are still 4 days out and that's a eternity in model land!

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Maybe for you in CNY. WNY will get an inch tops and look forward to spring. Good luck. 

I'm looking forward to spring myself but reality is that were going into a wintry period of at least 10 days or so and then we creep out and I think Spring makes a strong entrance middle of April.

Archived