Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, dendrite said:

Wow...hadn't realized that. Anyone know the record for most consecutive days of >=32F at BDL in January?

xmACIS doesn't let you restrict the date range which kind of makes it more difficult. But I ran it with all runs of 10 days or more and looked for an ending date in a winter month (included Morch too). Best I could do was 23 days in a row ending 3/31/36. March can be torchy, especially late, so I tossed that. Then I found a 13 day run ending 12/8/98, but that includes some of November. That leaves me with 11 days in a row ending 12/13/23. 

Looks like 9 days in a row is the winner for January, ending 1/22/95.

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You were right... looks like it's going to cut. Verbatim some wintry precip at least to start 

Through Albany :lol:

It was obvious to me on the last run how tenuous this is bc we had low pressure over Canada, and the high stretched well off the coast...the run screamed "needle threader" to me.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Through Albany :lol:

It was obvious to me on the last run how tenuous this is bc we had low pressure over Canada, and the high stretched well off the coast...the run screamed "needle threader" to me.

Yeah. Seems any chances we are getting this season are needle threaders.

At least it still has the storm.

Tremendous morphologies in the entire evolution with this run....the streams never phase, and the system that ends up cutting is born entirely of northern stream dynamics.....we want that to drop further south and phase in with the STJ.

It didn't happen this run bc the ridge out west was garbage.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That's kind of what I thought, but wasn't sure. 

What is missing this run that causes it to do that? Something to do with that piece of energy in Canada that was on the prior run?

There wasn't enough stream interaction bc of the inferior western ridge.

We look good for some snow, at least....with the HP leading in.

Archived