Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

Just now, John1122 said:

GFS backs off on totals for most of the area, not too bad through. I don't know if it's right, as it's the only model now showing it's track. It's depth of cold air and it's not likely to be able to see the mesoscale features that will guide this one the rest of it's cycle as well as the hi-res models.

I agree, the GFS is a little bit of an island though it's precip shield matches other modeling.  Will be interesting to see which model wins.  For KTRI I'd place little emphasis on the recent NAM and GFS runs and go middle of the road with other modeling in predicting 4-6"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

I've been struggling with this all day; what's been Kuchera'd and what's 10:1.  It's like a hipster version of the old school Cobb, but I'll take it lol.

Best quote of the thread!!!  "what's been Kuchera'd and what's 10:1.  It's like a hipster version of the old school Cobb"

2 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

I've been struggling with this all day; what's been Kuchera'd and what's 10:1.  It's like a hipster version of the old school Cobb, but I'll take it lol.

Kuchera, as far as I know, is exclusive to pivotalweather. I could be wrong. Anyway, it's a tool to factor in and allow for greater snowfall for colder temps. It adjusts the ratio. However, I don't know if it goes above 15:1 or if it automatically adjusts the ratio based on the temp at the time of snowfall

2 minutes ago, JayCee said:

GFS give ATL 8.3??  That makes me doubt everything else about that run. 

I agree... Anything is possible, but history tells us it's not probable. That's the fun part of the weather though. Never thought I could get 22 inches in 93 either. 

1 minute ago, Jed33 said:

Kuchera, as far as I know, is exclusive to pivotalweather. I could be wrong. Anyway, it's a tool to factor in and allow for greater snowfall for colder temps. It adjusts the ratio. However, I don't know if it goes above 15:1 or if it automatically adjusts the ratio based on the temp at the time of snowfall

It goes above. The Valley region is basically 18-20:1 for the Plateau. 14-16:1 for Valley areas. 17-19:1 for NETN SW/VA. Lower as you go south. 

1 minute ago, Vol Man said:

Ole Mark Reynolds still really downplaying any amounts to speak of in East Tennessee....just said maybe 2" at the most...heavier amounts staying in NC. 

Guess he could be right...not sure what he is basing that on, though...

In house model? i ve noticed dave and mark love the viper, sometimes to a fault

5 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

Well this begs the question of how many people are staying up for the Euro.  :guitar:

You purposely stayed away from this until yesterday. I almost went to the southern forum trying to find someone to say something of humor and intelligence. To take your place. I've followed your GFS truck rolling since 2010 when Toot was around on TNWX. 

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived