Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

1 hour ago, Timothy Clyde said:

Fishel, DT, and others finally coming around to my idea if not flat out stealing some of my summaries. I said big precip maker, severe, strong pattern changing storm, and nothing to track until the second week of Feb or later.

DT appears to be on it with the New England wintry chances that will help us during late season CAD for freezing rain chances and possibly wet snow. Need the High parked over this fresh snow cover to bleed down and slam its beans against the Appalachian Mountains. (No go for Columbia and Atlanta Metros).

Check back in about 4-5 weeks please.

Yes Timmy...... please refrain from posting and check back in here in 4-5 weeks with your Spring predictions.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Timothy Clyde said:

Fishel, DT, and others finally coming around to my idea if not flat out stealing some of my summaries. I said big precip maker, severe, strong pattern changing storm, and nothing to track until the second week of Feb or later.

DT appears to be on it with the New England wintry chances that will help us during late season CAD for freezing rain chances and possibly wet snow. Need the High parked over this fresh snow cover to bleed down and slam its beans against the Appalachian Mountains. (No go for Columbia and Atlanta Metros).

Lol. If DT were still posting on this board he would rip you a new one. No way anyone would steal your ideas especially him. The best chances of winter weather per climo is end of January and 2nd week of February which you act like is something new.

4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Lol...as a singer, I would never drop a real one.  Only in model land....although I do want to throw it at the band from time to time. :)

There's a guy over at the other thread, who likes to bang on drums!!! 

The Euro ensembles look meh! 

Whatgenre of music does the band play?

3 hours ago, Timothy Clyde said:

You said last storm no way its coming west.  The Nam was completely wrong and will all be east.  Well we enjoyed plowing 9 inches of snow in Winston-Salem.  I am sure glad we looked elsewhere to get accurate information.  I doubt very seriously any met is coming around to your idea but pat yourself on the back if it makes you feel good. 

Model wars....EPS and GEPS show a nice PAC low with west coast ridge and eastern trough.  GEFS says what PAC low...and we get buried trough in west. What did we learn last week....always hug the warmest model.  

IMG_3948.PNG

IMG_3949.PNG

First it was the CFS, now the GEFS, when the GEFS flips toward Euro solution what next? The JMA?
Rks8o9ql.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Timothy Clyde said:

Don't expect me to answer every time I am quoted after I already dropped the mic and closed the lid on my laptop. I said wintry weather is possible second week of February or after but not anytime before then so that gives you 4-5 weeks to not watch the models be wrong.

You meant close the Leapfrog and drop the MS Paint! 

1 minute ago, pcbjr said:

Very true but I said "yet" - wouldn't you like to see it get here and then stick around for a short while? But let's get it here 1st!

Bingo! The last cold snap and " storm" had a few super cold looks like that and they were slightly over done and I sat here with a cold rain, in the 40s

Archived