joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active Severe Weather Pattern Beginning Next Week

Jim Martin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely looks suspicious...kind of surprised they posted it honestly.

eh idk. Not all hail is super jagged, looks like there's some dirt on the bottom right part. Who would fake hail? They obviously took the picture outside too. With the idea of it being from a balloon or something, really who would put a frozen balloon in a freezer then take a picture after a storm and try to pretend it was hail? Just does not make sense to me. This thing had a nuclear updraft, and produced widespread 3in hail, so I really wouldn't be surprised with a random isolated 5in hail stone. This was over a pretty rural area for the most part, so its not like it would've caused too much damage.

eh idk. Not all hail is super jagged, looks like there's some dirt on the bottom right part. Who would fake hail? They obviously took the picture outside too. With the idea of it being from a balloon or something, really who would put a frozen balloon in a freezer then take a picture after a storm and try to pretend it was hail? Just does not make sense to me. This thing had a nuclear updraft, and produced widespread 3in hail, so I really wouldn't be surprised with a random isolated 5in hail stone.

there have been numerous cases of people faking hail in the past.  people routinely post fake tornado pics to social media.  just because they rubbed some dirt on it and took the pic outside doesn't make the near-perfectly round hail that doesnt look like any other giant stone i have ever seen credible (necessarily).

there have been numerous cases of people faking hail in the past.  people routinely post fake tornado pics to social media.  just because they rubbed some dirt on it and took the pic outside doesn't make the near-perfectly round hail that doesnt look like any other giant stone i have ever seen credible (necessarily).

I've seen pretty well rounded large hail plenty of times... Its not a rare occurrence exactly to get well-rounded hail. You could probably even look up large or giant hail on Google Images and find this out. The picture is of relatively low-quality too... If anything makes me skeptical it would be that we did not hear about it until now.

About tomorrow: the GFS shows a jet streak in Minnesota, and another jet streak in the TX Panhandle and OK. Central Kansas and central Nebraska are in between, perhaps gaining large scale lift from the right entrance region and left exit region.

The cell near Salina went severe warned rather quickly, it also has some broad rotation.

Its exploded, appears to be developing a hook... Tops near 55KFT. Storm in Butler Co. east of ICT also looking a tad better.

EDIT: Appears to be developing a wall cloud... has a great base per Eugene Thieszen stream 

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

TORNADO WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TOPEKA KS

605 PM CDT WED MAY 25 2016

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TOPEKA HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...

CENTRAL OTTAWA COUNTY IN NORTH CENTRAL KANSAS...

* UNTIL 630 PM CDT

* AT 605 PM CDT...A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO

WAS LOCATED NEAR MINNEAPOLIS...MOVING EAST AT 20 MPH.

HAZARD...TORNADO AND HAIL UP TO TWO INCHES IN DIAMETER. 

SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A FUNNEL CLOUD SOUTHWEST OF

MINNEAPOLIS AT 605 PM. 

Cell north of Salina still going great, its a beast... Storm in Butler Co. died... More stuff developing/trying further south in Sumner Co. KS, and Grant Co. OK.

Couplet is getting significantly tighter, also currently on a trajectory towards Chapman, a town that was impacted by a large EF3 in 2008.

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 730 PM CDT FOR

SOUTHEASTERN OTTAWA AND NORTHWESTERN DICKINSON COUNTIES...

AT 713 PM CDT...A CONFIRMED LARGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS TORNADO WAS

LOCATED JUST NORTHEAST OF NILES...MOVING EAST AT 15 MPH.

THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION. TAKE COVER NOW!

HAZARD...DAMAGING TORNADO. 

SOURCE...WEATHER SPOTTERS CONFIRMED A QUARTER MILE WIDE TORNADO JUST

NORTHEAST OF NILES AT 713 PM. 

IMPACT...YOU ARE IN A LIFE-THREATENING SITUATION. FLYING DEBRIS MAY 

BE DEADLY TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES 

WILL BE DESTROYED. CONSIDERABLE DAMAGE TO HOMES...

BUSINESSES...AND VEHICLES IS LIKELY AND COMPLETE DESTRUCTION 

IS POSSIBLE. 

LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

SOLOMON. 

Archived