northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Dec 24-25 Snowstorm part 2

jhamps10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 1.5 inches in the last hour as the heavy band moved through. Unfortunately, the heavy stuff didn't stick around long. It looks like mostly light snow the rest of the way here. My total so far is 3.7 inches.

dude, you're gonna get 4" :) more than i've gotten during any event this year. Seems the best action keeps passing between us.

hey..measure it both ways..

after 6 hours from the start clear a spot off....another spot don't

lets see what the difference is at the end

Yeah that's a good idea. There's no wind with this so that won't be an issue.

I agree that DVN may need an upgrade further southeast. A few family members in the QC texted saying they're already near 4". With the new NAM and RUC cranking out up to 0.4" of QPF by late tonight it looks like at least another 3-5" is on the way. 8" in 24hrs will probably be achieved in some areas.

check out the loop on this and watch the lake ;)

http://weather.cod.e...aulradar.pl?LOT

weak mesolow? If this thing comes ashore, we could see convergence really ramp up across cook.

Looks like things are starting to saturate here. Should start snowing by 11AM or so in the city. Maybe earlier if whatever is hanging out across the lake moves ashore.

I do think that band that has set up roughly along/south of I-88 lifts into the city for awhile, dropping 2"-3" of synoptic snows on us. Maybe a bit more if all goes well. Every run of models for the past 5 or so cycles has come in wetter and wetter for ORD.

Although we've been on the NE fringe of many of these events and at times have been plagued by dry air, I believe we have faired far better than MKE or much of the state of Michigan.

Looks like things are starting to saturate here. Should start snowing by 11AM or so in the city. Maybe earlier if whatever is hanging out across the lake moves ashore.

I do think that band that has set up roughly along/south of I-88 lifts into the city for awhile, dropping 2"-3" of synoptic snows on us. Maybe a bit more if all goes well. Every run of models for the past 5 or so cycles has come in wetter and wetter for ORD.

Although we've been on the NE fringe of many of these events and at times have been plagued by dry air, I believe we have faired far better than MKE or much of the state of Michigan.

As for the bolded, no doubt.

I think that is a weak mesolow out over the lake juding by the velocity scan and westward movement of returns on its flank. The best band will miss our area south, but a little extra convergence could help make up for things. I'm starting to come around to the idea we see over 5" when all is said and done, hi-res runs and NAM are starting to be pretty consistent with .5"+ for near shore cook, even up our way.

just woke up, monster size flakes here, easily some of them nickel to quarter size, this is like reporting hail :thumbsup:

with a solid coating down already and a quick look at radar, this could be a interesting day and an overachieving system for here.

This is encouraging and another sign that we hopefully won't be teased by pixie dust all day and get some nice dendrites instead, but then again Batavia is wayyyy out in the Fox River Valley and has been sitting under some nice returns. Thundersnow, you should do well out there, good luck!

Archived