• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Dec 24-25 Snowstorm part 2

jhamps10

Right Around 3.5" down Here in Benton, Ky, About Double what we forecast as a nice heavy band of precip setup shop from East to West and moved directly over my County, Areas 8 miles south of me had around 1" and about 25 miles north had around 1" so defiently some wild swings in numbers. I just got lucky and was in the Sweet Spot for West Ky

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an interesting little system. We have gotten about 1" in each of several rounds of snow over the last 36 hours. We have totaled about 3" and now have most of that still on the ground. What a pretty Christmas. This is my first winter living anywhere other than the deep south, and it is odd to have snow around for so long. The forecasts were spot on for about 2-3 days before the event, which is impressive to me given the model madness. Anyway, hoping for a mega 12"+ system sometime this winter and wishing Merry Christmas to everyone

Edit: Location is north of Cape Girardeau, MO.

Looks like around 4.5" total at my parent's house. Still waiting to see all the amounts from LAF, but it looks like around the same fell there.

A couple of the bigger totals from LOT's CWA:

0700 AM SNOW CHATSWORTH 40.75N 88.29W

12/25/2010 M8.0 INCH LIVINGSTON IL CO-OP OBSERVER

0700 AM SNOW 1 S STREATOR 41.11N 88.83W

12/25/2010 M7.0 INCH LIVINGSTON IL CO-OP OBSERVER

0600 AM SNOW ROCHELLE 41.92N 89.06W

12/25/2010 M6.0 INCH OGLE IL CO-OP OBSERVER

I feel your pain. At least I did get 0.3" during a snow shower last night and a few flurries tonight. I am up to 8.8" for the year, but my largest snowfall is a pitiful 2.3".

Yeah IWX/CLE/GRR/APX/MQT/DTX/Ontario really been getting the short end of the stick this winter so far.

So December snowfall is

Milwaukee- 7.7"

Chicago- 12.6"

Lafayette- 22.0"

Detroit- 9.1"

Columbus- 7.1"

Talk about lucky spot. What is seasonal snowfall avg in LAF?

Long term 25.5", 71-00 is 26.5". Those are my calculations though, through some research of the LAF/WL snow history.

There is a zone from MSP/southern MN...west central and south WI...northern and northeast IA...northern and central IL...central IN and down to CVG that has cashed big time this December. We're not the only lucky ones. ;) But as much as we're fortunate, it'll probably be the opposite come later in the winter when you guys take over. Of course I hope all can get in on the fun eventually.

Archived