e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Dec 24-25 Snowstorm part 2

jhamps10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still will hold my tune that the northern energy will bring a light snow event to the southern Ohio area. The GFS,SREF had it and the NAM and CMC are getting closer. It won't be a ton but 1-2 possibly 3 should do it up this way.

I agree. I have 1-3 in the forecast for Cincinnati over a period of Friday through Sunday afternoon.

I agree. I have 1-3 in the forecast for Cincinnati over a period of Friday through Sunday afternoon.

I think the 1-2 will likely come Xmas Eve night- Xmas Day with more snow showers on Sunday another 1...Keep an eye on the strength of the northern vort because the models may start playing catch up with that piece of energy. It may be inside 48hrs that instead .05-.15 QPF that we may bump that to .10-.25 possibly especially across the souther part of Ohio and northern Kentucky.

18z nam and 15z srefs are better with the phase...if they get faster with a phase and stronger northern vort new possibilities may come

This is why I haven't hopped on that bus. I am quite young but I know the history with these types of situations that the models will "Catch" something inside 48hrs and right now they are sniffing it but haven't caught it. I could be barking up the wrong tree here but I think the EURO especially has put too much emphasis on the southern energy the whole time. The GFS caught it and NAM is catching on. The CMC is flip flopping but it sniffs it.

It would be nice to see a phase quick enough to pull this sucker inland instead of a coastal. Likely not going to happen!

Archived