amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Dec 24-25 Snowstorm part 2

jhamps10

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I've been posting since 2006. So I believe I've found my home to post, we arent going anywhere. So get over it, grow up, act your age, and learn to spell. You came on here to stir things up and you did, so now you can knock it off. Im done replying to your childish ignorance.

You guys can never figure your home out.. One storm you Ohio weenies like us in the MW than the next you're stomping away saying we'll never be back.. w/e cya around.

You guys had beef when MW Mets said it could come north early... Same as every yr. Now its how can it be a EC storm.

My OT posts removed. Back to the weather, Hopefully. GFS looks favorable to possibly go the same route as the euro. Definitely trending that way, will be interested in seeing the 12z runs tomorrow, just for the sakes of this being a potential HECS. I'm interested regardless of if it hits myb or not.

No doubt the EC has to thread the needle but its very possible the EC gets a big storm and I'll follow it no doubt if they do.. Big winter storms like that fascinate me as we don't get those kinna storms very often. Way more possible than it ever was that this was going to be a big player in the northern OV unless big changes happened.. I never fell for what the Euro or GFS was showing early on in the chase for up here.. And now its just spiraling down the drain to some that bit in to having a chance in other areas. Always next time and that's why we're here

Yeah I have my fingers crossed for a crushing blow to the EC. I love big storms.

I'm perfectly fine. I just wish Ohio posters could get their own section. Would stop a lot of fighting from posters in the central etc.

Just makes sense to me. You guys have quite a few people to keep the section active etc.

Here's my repost from the OT thread:

I think we've gotten to the point where it's not really feasible to have all of us in the same thread. Arguing/trolling aside, the storm threads move too damn fast if you're a casual poster who doesn't have much time to check in. I think we could have one "MW/GL" thread and another "OV" thread...the thing is that someone like me would get caught in between but not everybody can be pleased.

My OT posts removed. Back to the weather, Hopefully. GFS looks favorable to possibly go the same route as the euro. Definitely trending that way, will be interested in seeing the 12z runs tomorrow, just for the sakes of this being a potential HECS. I'm interested regardless of if it hits myb or not.

gonna hit it...euro ensembles will probably be interesting.

I think once the thing hits land by tomorrow nights run, the picture will become more clear.

I think we've gotten to the point where it's not really feasible to have all of us in the same thread. Arguing/trolling aside, the storm threads move too damn fast if you're a casual poster who doesn't have much time to check in. I think we could have one "MW/GL" thread and another "OV" thread...the thing is that someone like me would get caught in between but not everybody can be pleased.

No worries, Hoosier. I'm perfectly happy where I am and I have no intention of going anywhere. Now, back to the weather!

Yeah I think the greatest difficulty will be dividing OV/Plains. Indiana is a little bit in the middle and would be the most difficult to split up. My thoughts are a West/Intermountain W, Plains, and OV where OV is Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana. It is the only geographical way it would make sense.

I cant believe how far back it throws the precip. All the way back to Pittsburgh at least in the .5 line, not sure how far west it goes though, they didnt really say.

I saw some posters in the 0Z model discussion compare the EC run to the March 93 storm. I just don't see it. That thing went BOOM in Texas and absolutely demolished Florida with a squall line before riding up the coastal plain.

As long as it crushes the SE in the process. The Euro would definitely be more than a wet flurry in Northeast Georgia :popcorn:...if it verified.

The ECM really tanks it early off the coast. Going to be difficult for that to happen, IMO. I found last nights run more realistic than this one. Without an intense leading edge S/W it will be difficult to explode that rapidly. But yeah, my forecast for you was not based off the 0Z ECM...throw it out if that happens, haha.

I saw some posters in the 0Z model discussion compare the EC run to the March 93 storm. I just don't see it. That thing went BOOM in Texas and absolutely demolished Florida with a squall line before riding up the coastal plain.

march 93 started cyclo deep in the heart of the gulf, crossed the florida peninsula and made a hard left, even went a bit inland around delaware i believe.

Yeah completely different scenario. Really no comparison, and this certainly won't rival that beast if it happens to verify.

Yeah I think the greatest difficulty will be dividing OV/Plains. Indiana is a little bit in the middle and would be the most difficult to split up. My thoughts are a West/Intermountain W, Plains, and OV where OV is Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, Indiana. It is the only geographical way it would make sense.

Thing is we have always done just fine without deviating geographically to much outside of the MW/GL as a whole. Every December this goes down with Ohio Posters. Its clockwork. Its storms like these that get tensions high for w/e when you add in Ohio. There is a lot of Ohio Posters that mean well I've seen also this storm and would hate to lose them. Its a hard thing every storm and I think this one is just a little extra special to most of us because of the timing with the Holidays and personal emotions get involved to much.

I cant believe how far back it throws the precip. All the way back to Pittsburgh at least in the .5 line, not sure how far west it goes though, they didnt really say.

Well just looking at the 700 and 850 RH. It looks like it basically stops at the PA/OH state line.

march 93 started cyclo deep in the heart of the gulf, crossed the florida peninsula and made a hard left, even went a bit inland around delaware i believe.

It was actually inland on the SE coast and I believe inland on the SE side of NJ as well. I remember that storm so well back when I lived in Philly. We had a foot of snow followed by about 5" of rock hard ice on top of it. You literally had to crack off the ice in order to shovel the snow. What a beast that was.

Thing is we have always done just fine without deviating geographically to much outside of the MW/GL as a whole. Every December this goes down with Ohio Posters. Its clockwork. Its storms like these that get tensions high for w/e when you add in Ohio.

I don't mind our region, but it is quite large. I don't mind the big region, but it does get cluttered sometimes with folks talking about storms in completely differing regions. It is hard to analyze a storm when it will have either no impact for one region or a completely different impact (for instance, snow in one region, rain in another). It makes following topics in a thread difficult.

I think what we all need is one of these, where we can all get along and share in the fun and not argue about what is going to hit whom.

SnowTotals-16Feb03.jpg

I get nothing from that!!!!!!. Psht, typical midwest/ohio posters......... :D

I'm good with 1 storm a season though.

I assumed he wanted to know if precip gets into Ohio based on this comment.

Anyways, the region does need to be split up somehow. I have no problem with any posters but Ohio posters. You guys just need to chill out and not be so sensitive.

Archived