• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Dec 24-25 Snowstorm part 2

jhamps10

I don't mind our region, but it is quite large. i don't mind the big region, but it does get cluttered sometimes with folks talking about storms in completely differing regions. It is hard to analyze a storm when it will have either no impact for one region or a completely different impact (for instance, snow in one region, rain in another). It makes following topics in a thread difficult.

It is... But I guess until we grow a little more ( I think we're a lot closer now than we were at Eastern) as a base - I don't think we can split it up so much yet without having a lot of different threads and with all those threads I can just see the moles coming in and running out and back to their thread saying "lol they think this thing is cutting to wherever or w/e" without interaction tension flaring up. I guess we just grow up like I hopefully think I have and we split in to micro regions or just continue on? I don't have the answer.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was actually inland on the SE coast and I believe inland on the SE side of NJ as well. I remember that storm so well back when I lived in Philly. We had a foot of snow followed by about 5" of rock hard ice on top of it. You literally had to crack off the ice in order to shovel the snow. What a beast that was.

No.. I was living at the DE coast when 96 hit and it was not inland that far north. It came very close to the southern tip of the Delmarva but that was it. believe me too had it gone across se NJ then Philly etc would have mixed and possibly gone over to rain with such a storm. The messy mix ended up in my hood after a foot of snow and then went back to snow and dumped another 6-9 which is what i ended up with on the ground imby because the coastal flooding wiped out everything from the first foot of snow.

I assumed he wanted to know if precip gets into Ohio based on this comment.

Anyways, the region does need to be split up somehow. I have no problem with any posters but Ohio posters. You guys just need to chill out and not be so sensitive.

seems to me 'chillin' and talking weather and models was all we were doing tonight. go back thru the thread and see for yourself who broke the chill.

it wasn't the ohio guys. and the fact that you have a problem with the ohio guys....hmmmm, how about tough sh/\t?

Goodnite buddy, keep on chillin :scooter:

No.. I was living at the DE coast when 96 hit and it was not inland that far north. It came very close to the southern tip of the Delmarva but that was it. believe me too had it gone across se NJ then Philly etc would have mixed and possibly gone over to rain with such a storm. The messy mix ended up in my hood after a foot of snow and then went back to snow and dumped another 6-9 which is what i ended up with on the ground imby because the coastal flooding wiped out everything from the first foot of snow.

I was referring to the 93 Superstorm. Believe me, that one came inland. Remember it very well!

seems to me 'chillin' and talking weather and models was all we were doing tonight. go back thru the thread and see for yourself who broke the chill.

it wasn't the ohio guys. and the fact that you have a problem with the ohio guys....hmmmm, how about tough sh/\t?

Goodnite buddy, keep on chillin :scooter:

Chilling under his snow falling right now :banned: If its not Chicago storm its Monopoly money man doing naked snow angels while my grass tips getting a tan.

The most amazing storm of my lifetime. Doubt I'll ever see one like that again.

Yea, I would love to see something like that. Best storm I have seen was either pd2 or march 08. Both great storms. But still have to hear people blab in my ear about the great blizzard of 78 lol, the cleveland bomb. Lucky people. I wouldve loved to lived through the blizzard of 78

It is... But I guess until we grow a little more ( I think we're a lot closer now than we were at Eastern) as a base - I don't think we can split it up so much yet without having a lot of different threads and with all those threads I can just see the moles coming in and running out and back to their thread saying "lol they think this thing is cutting to wherever or w/e" without interaction tension flaring up. I guess we just grow up like I hopefully think I have and we split in to micro regions or just continue on? I don't have the answer.

That could happen. There are no easy answers to this but having everyone from Minnesota to Pittsburgh in the same storm thread isn't working.

This is just my general idea. Some of the MO/KS/AR/OK posters are already on their own so this really isn't focused on them. The hatched area is up for grabs.

post-14-0-96428700-1293004585.gif

You're in favor for splitting up... Why so harsh on our metfan poster lol.

You are bad.. :lol:

He just needs to quit egging it on. You basically stated the obvious as to why. :P

I do admit some trimming could be used. My idea was to slice it from MKE south and east if we were to break it up some.

You are bad.. :lol:

He just needs to quit egging it on. You basically stated the obvious as to why. :P

I do admit some trimming could be used. My idea was to slice it from MKE south and east if we were to break it up some.

Yeah, if we were to be split, I'd have a section for Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky. And another one for those west of there.

That could happen. There are no easy answers to this but having everyone from Minnesota to Pittsburgh in the same storm thread isn't working.

This is just my general idea. Some of the MO/KS/AR/OK posters are already on their own so this really isn't focused on them. The hatched area is up for grabs.

Kind of sucks we have to be on the edge of the "battlezone" so to speak.

With that said, we can all wallow together in the fact that we aint gettin' nutin from this storm. arrowheadsmiley.png

Perhaps we just all need to go get some juice and report back when we're feeling nothing but warmth and love. Just joking, but really...

I think I would throw out the middle ladder and just extend the OV up to the the se border of MI and OH back to St Louis... I think all of us in the northern zone can except the outcome of a storm like we have for yrs. LAF would probably be close to my cutoff back to st louis and I would keep you in the north zone.. Because I can and don't want to lose you and Chi.

Looking at it again... St Louis would have to be in the OV.

Hell I dunno. Maybe a OH/MI border... back through LAF and Springfield and hwy 72 west in Illinois?

With that said, we can all wallow together in the fact that we aint gettin' nutin from this storm. arrowheadsmiley.png

Perhaps we just all need to go get some juice and report back when we're feeling nothing but warmth and love. Just joking, but really...

Odds are you're right, not a soul getting anything from Ohio - West. We can all be happy of the fact that maybe this block will be disappearing soon.

I am down with this. I say we all get blitzed then come on here and post. Nothing but love everywhere.

If the Univ. of North Dakota taught me something well (besides meteorology), it taught me to drink since we had nothing else to do in the frozen N during winter. I prefer whiskey, straight. Windsor is my pick for taste and price.

Never had windsor. And I like a glass straight too. But I also like mixing it sometimes as well. Depends on if I just wanna sit down and have a drink or if I wanna get smashed. Lol

Just think about baseball season, and that will make you feel better.

Brewers with Greinke, Gallardo, Marcum now = :thumbsup:

Only 3 more months.

Twins are my team, and that means you can be guaranteed a thrilling end of the season run followed by a 3 game sweep in the playoffs, usually to A-Roid and the Yanks. Drink up.

I think I would throw out the middle ladder and just extend the OV up to the the se border of MI and OH back to St Louis... I think all of us in the northern zone can except the outcome of a storm like we have for yrs. LAF would probably be close to my cutoff back to st louis and I would keep you in the north zone.. Because I can and don't want to lose you and Chi.

Looking at it again... St Louis would have to be in the OV.

Hell I dunno. Maybe a OH/MI border... back through LAF and Springfield and hwy 72 west in Illinois?

In ALL honesty..

It should probably look something close to this..

centgrtlakes_loop.gif

Then again MW/GL could be from the tip of erie to the southern tip of lm and back w/sw? I dunno. Know I'm ready for bed.

Archived